No Jew but managed to save the day.

Rummers

G’day Raiders, 

Hit the water on a cloudy day today and went out front to cabbage tree island to get some bait, heaps around and there was this red algae hanging around which I’m sure is ultimately a good thing for the environment. 

after that I headed back to soldiers point to fish the high tide for some Jew. 3 hours and no bit. I think I saw them on the sounder but once again another donut - geez after 10+ attempts the first one will feel good! 

Then I went and tried to save the day chasing flatties, which was slow but still managed this one which will make a good dinner. 

Hopefully my luck (or lack of knowledge) with the Jew turns soon. 

EFBD4097-481D-4037-A574-9428DCDA6BAD.jpeg

• Like 6

Sounds like it was a good day to be out there, shame the fish didn’t want to join in, at least you got a feed

re the bloom it appears more orange in colour it could be as @hotbite said coral, possibly even fish or some type of crustacean spawn. A few years back while netting a dolphin fish out of a bloom I noticed the residue on the net was covered in almost microscopic crab like critters possibly could’ve been baby lobsters 

• Like 1

Keep the effort up rummers! 
I went on Wednesday with a mate after work. We lost a big Jew at middle island after a pulled hook. They are there during those tide changes. Just need to get lucky. Slimies seemed to work better btw. 
We managed 15 or so flatty after that. Released them all. 
That image definitely looks like a few Jew came past you 😩😩😩

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1