Port Hacking - a bit quiet

Yowie

Headed out early this morning to the deep near Lilli Pilli. Only the tailor from there, plus a couple of little reddies. A plague of jellyfish swam past the boat, and I'm not kidding when I say there were millions there - just wall to wall blubbers.

Spun a lure in a few spots through the very scattered fish splashes, for one hit but no hook-up.

Headed to Maianbar flats and pumped some nippers for 6 whiting, then all bites stopped, so I drifted about for the other 2, plus 2 blackfish - on at 33cm the other just under, both released. Not big whiting but enough for a couple of feeds. Just a fairly quiet day, which can happen around this time of year.

fish.jpeg.329_files_files.jpg

• Like 11

5 hours ago, frankS said:

Quiet !! . I would be happy with that pretty well any day.

You are spoilt rotten.

Frank 

Yes, I am happy with the result.

5 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

…..DITTO…. as per above 👆 

cheers Zoran 

No DITTO fish today, Zoran. 🤣

4 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Mate, you think that is quite, wait till you see how many fish I catch in one session let alone take home! Still a nice feed, well done.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

I'd be happy just catching a jelly fish 😁

The days seem mundane when your not catching 70+cm Jewish 😉

Plenty of jellies there today. One of my usual spots only had 1 tailor to bring home. Maybe the jellies put them off the bite.

2 hours ago, tobycb said:

Nice work again Yowie!

I'm down to South Aus for a 5 week road trip with the family..... and the boat and trailer.

Look forward to getting stuck into the King George Whiting!

Regards, Toby

Have not caught a K.G. whiting, though eaten quite a few feeds when travelling through S.A. and Vic. 

Good luck with the K.G.s.

Edited by Yowie

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Well done Dave, some nice whiting mate, we’re the Luderick on nippers?

Yes Bob, they both took nippers drifting along the bottom in around 1.5 metres. Both on sand next to weed beds. The larger one put up a good performance for it's size, the large tail pushing it around the boat. Originally thought it was a good bream.

I was going to keep it, but had enough whiting, so it was released. Not my favourite eating fish.

My results when it's a bit quiet,when 10,000 fisherman are 2 foot away filling up eskies,when it's summer,autumn,winter,spring,high tide,low tide,mid tide,day,arvo,night.

When I'm sitting at home day in,day out,week in, week out,month over month thinking of fishing.

When there's a moon,no moon,new moon.

And most importantly my results when Yowie has a piece of old mono with a hook in it tied to his big toe dangling it over the side catching fish like that.

My results never change.

Argh,yep I'm consistently a 💩 fisherman.

Well done once again Yowie.

images.jpeg.8b91785ca1b64cdf376cc73aee96475c.jpeg

• Haha 1

Yowie

nice work on the quiet😜I knew you would get out this week before the weather turned nasty

how was the water quality? plenty of fresh expected over the next couple of days….I’ll be waiting until next week🤷🏻‍♂️

10 hours ago, Larkin said:

Well done on the feed of whiting.

I noticed a few jellies about last week - sounds like more have moved in..

I have seen jellies before, but this was wall-to-wall jellies. They were mostly in the current lines, whereas the small bays had very few. While I was pumping nippers, I was standing on them and they were squashing under my feet.

10 hours ago, Fab1 said:

My results when it's a bit quiet,when 10,000 fisherman are 2 foot away filling up eskies,when it's summer,autumn,winter,spring,high tide,low tide,mid tide,day,arvo,night.

When I'm sitting at home day in,day out,week in, week out,month over month thinking of fishing.

When there's a moon,no moon,new moon.

And most importantly my results when Yowie has a piece of old mono with a hook in it tied to his big toe dangling it over the side catching fish like that.

My results never change.

Argh,yep I'm consistently a 💩 fisherman.

Well done once again Yowie.

images.jpeg.8b91785ca1b64cdf376cc73aee96475c.jpeg

Thanks Fab. Maybe you need a houseboat so you can be fishing full time. 🤣

9 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Yowie

nice work on the quiet😜I knew you would get out this week before the weather turned nasty

how was the water quality? plenty of fresh expected over the next couple of days….I’ll be waiting until next week🤷🏻‍♂️

If the weather is going 'off', then I head out before it. Water quality is good, temp is coming up, so it should improve.

8 hours ago, Scratchie said:

At least you managed a feed of whiting! Went out with my mate Mick today and we only managed a few pannies to 55cm. Very quiet day indeed for the effort. Hopefully things heat up soon. 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Good work there Scratchie.

The good sized legal reddies I was catching a month or 2 ago have just about disappeared up river from my usual spots, as to be expected from previous years. 

Happy with some whiting. :wine:

• Like 1