Port Hacking

Yowie

8 hours ago, Restyle said:

Quality bag of fish, good stuff as usual! 

Many boats on the water seeing that most people will be off work now?

Thank you. A shite load of boats out and about, many heading outside.

8 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Me Consistency👌
Nice feed there and good to get out before the cowboys take over the river🤡

Thank you. Yep, head out to beat the crowds. Sounds like you pulled out a nice feed as well.

10 hours ago, Yowie said:

Headed out this morning, mostly wading about the flats at Maianbar though the tide was up a bit. Pumped nippers for bait. A few just under sized mixed with the legals, enough for a few feeds.

fish.jpeg.333_files_files.jpg

Another top effort Dave - we’ll done (got my first whitting today in a long time, looking forward to eating it.)

6 hours ago, Pickles said:

Another top effort Dave - we’ll done (got my first whitting today in a long time, looking forward to eating it.)

Good to see you pulled out a whiting. They are worth eating Bob.

5 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Nice one Dave! You made the right call to chase the flats vs coming out offshore on a very uneventful day chasing kings. 
cheers Zoran 

Thanks Zoran. If I did not have my chiro appointment, I would have been out there with you. A shame that the kingies did not co-operate.

3 hours ago, Scratchie said:

To say your consistent yowie is an understatement. I’m always interested to see what’s on the mat. As long as it’s not a cobia from a handline 😂😂😂

cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks Scratchie. 

Looks like the warm water is heading down the coast according to the Weather Bureau graph. Might bring some tropical species with it, including a cobia or 2. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

Thanks Scratchie. 

Looks like the warm water is heading down the coast according to the Weather Bureau graph. Might bring some tropical species with it, including a cobia or 2. 🤣

I actually had one circling the boat at Crowdy the other day. It wouldn’t take anything and I’m I gave it a smorgasbord to chose from. 😩

4 hours ago, Scratchie said:

I actually had one circling the boat at Crowdy the other day. It wouldn’t take anything and I’m I gave it a smorgasbord to chose from. 😩

You probably needed Zoran's plastic bonito.  :074:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Larkin said:

Nice bag there mate!👍 
with the amount of fish your eating, must have a few good recipes to switch things up. Or do you just prefer baked, grilled & battered?

The whiting fillets were crumbed and pan fried (my son and his girlfriend like them that way) so do I now and then. Boneless fillets only at my place - bones don't worry me - the wife and others are not happy if eating anything with bones 🤪.

I do try a few recipes, usually with a sauce or flavouring, to keep the wife happy.

Have tried battering flattie fillets, but use a bit of oil during  cooking. The best place to cook them was on the bbq. Oil in a disposible foil tray, the splatter kept in the bbq, smell kept outside, cooked up rather nicely.

• Like 1