They are not Tailor !!

bluefin

There are always fish feeding on the surface around the settlement point ferry. Thought I give my Grand son some practice on them today for some fun.

To my surprise they aren't Tailor, But Yellowtail. We still had fun !!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joshGTV said:

They actually cook up pretty well. Vietnamese mate taught me a recipe for caramelised yakkas many years ago. Yum.

If they taste that good, make a post of the recipe in The Kitchen section.

3 hours ago, Yowie said:

If they taste that good, make a post of the recipe in The Kitchen section.

Yowie, its no fault of your own & no offence but your spoilt for variety here in Aus!

Plenty of people buy/eat tinned Sardines which are actually Pilchards........................bait only in some peoples minds!

Same as anchovies, herring or white bait................some peoples bait, other peoples food!

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

I find sometimes you get quiet a few yakkas busting up inside the harbours or rivers. But ive also seen then bust up in coastal rocks but thats along the side with large groups of slimies.

That Caramelised dish is good for the species of fish youre unsure how to cook, but Ive seen almost any species used for it. Its also preference way of cooking stingrays for some of my mates. I think with yakkas, its something you can keep simple, sprinkle some salt and shallow panfry them. Some people like to put a light coat of flour but I see it as a very simple breakfast fish type dish.