Port Hacking take your Mrs fishing day

Sea Ranger

I went out in the Hacking on Friday by myself as my usual fishing mate ( my son) was busy partying with mates this weekend.  We were supposed to have a contractor over today Saturday but they canceled last night.  My Mrs said what do you want to do on Saturday then?   I said well it is “ Take your Mrs Fishing day”. So she said ok.  Lol. Got to swallow rock boat ramp at 5am.  It was starting to get a little busy but not bad, there were still parking spots.  Today was a mixture of bait and lures targeting kingfish and some flatties.  No flatties today but had two good hook ups into something reasonable in size that we lost.  Another I saw was a rat king so we were pretty sure the other two were too as they fought the same.  Anyway Ruth picked up this little pinky and after a quick photo put it back.  Her first pinky.  Water temp was 23c wind was against the tide so drifting was into the tide.  We used pilchards and squid for bait and I mixed in some soft plastics and jigs for lures.  We used circle hooks and it was great to see even a small fish hooked perfectly in the corner of the mouth.  It was a great day even if we didn’t land the big ones.  At least we can talk about the ones that got away.

6AB1A236-F709-4FAB-8529-7560C403E07D.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant @Sea Ranger- I always enjoy fishing with my wife - doesn’t happen as much as I’d like. Maybe she could have an account too “Mrs Sea Ranger” ? Be good to see some more Oestrogen on the site. (Mrs Pickles not interested in fishing, but enjoys it when we go) 

Edited by Pickles
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Brilliant @Sea Ranger- I always enjoy fishing with my wife - doesn’t happen as much as I’d like. Maybe she could have an account too “Mrs Sea Ranger” ? Be good to see some more Oestrogen on the site. (Mrs Pickles not interested in fishing, but enjoys it when we go) 

I have been trying to get more female anglers on here for 20 years @Pickles!!!

When we had legendary socials there were lots of ladies and wives who attended. 

Unfortunately men seem to use fishing to get away from their better halves 😂

@Sea Ranger you live close to us. Pm me and drop around sometime! 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Unfortunately men seem to use fishing to get away from their better halves 😂

If I could get my wife to join me, I think it would only help my cause! Alas that hasn’t been the case so far. But we have two girls, who are a work in progress. So there’s hope that a critical mass will form in the household :D 

I think a lot of us guys are jealous that swordie has a partner like you who fishes, and is as obsessed as he is! :) 

Well done Sea Ranger and Mrs Ranger!  I’ve always said I was blessed that Mrs Z is a keen fisho and featured in many of my reports - certainly makes for a great day out and helps when making any boating decision$….

But sadly Donna I have failed 😞 in convincing her to sign up so far. 

cheers Zoran 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

cheers Zoran 

Try harder Zoran. (it's probably because I told her you knocked the gemmie off my line)  :074:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

If I could get my wife to join me, I think it would only help my cause! Alas that hasn’t been the case so far. But we have two girls, who are a work in progress. So there’s hope that a critical mass will form in the household :D 

I think a lot of us guys are jealous that swordie has a partner like you who fishes, and is as obsessed as he is! :) 

Ahhhh yes work on the girls ;)

Nah they tolerate me here I think 🤣🎣🐟

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Well done Sea Ranger and Mrs Ranger!  I’ve always said I was blessed that Mrs Z is a keen fisho and featured in many of my reports - certainly makes for a great day out and helps when making any boating decision$….

cheers Zoran 

That’s OK I think one day she will :) 

Many years ago I was up in Post Stephens with my girlfriend, she's been my wife for the last 21 years, and took her out fishing. We went out of the heads and had not had the lines in long when a Mutton bird dived in and grabbed her bait. We got the bird on board, hook out and sent it on it's way but my wife hated it. Despite me trying to persuade her many many time since she flatly refuses to go fishing. 😞

• Haha 1