Minnie Water

Far Canary

Spent a bit of time in Minnie Water in recent days. Conditions were initially rough with the Southerly swell pumping and water still dirty but water improved slightly from brown to milky green. Bait was harder to find than usual and holding deep with Wilsons the best spot. Hard to get past Kings and Longtail to the Mackerel which were scarce...

Minnie.jpg

image_6487327.jpg

image_6487327 (1).jpg

image_6487327 (2).jpg

image_6487327 (3).jpg

Chartplotter.jpg

• Like 16

Thanks all. BN, I didn't keep the longtail or kings as I didn't think I'd be able to keep the tuna good on trip back to Sydney and the last king I kept(pictured) off the same reef was wormy and inedible...what a waste.

This is probably why the big kings are so thick up there, particularly at Sandon. I ended up packing the downrigger away to avoid them.

Mack on the other hand was sensational as sashimi. Cheers

King.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 4:03 PM, blaxland said:

Nice report and top fish is it a beach launch there?

Yes beach launch into a lagoon. Apart from the soft sand it's OK, IMHO a better option than Wooli. Other don't have an issue with the Wooli bar and launch from there.

It comes down to your experience with bar crossings and the conditions at the time.

Cheers

Rob

On 3/30/2022 at 10:15 AM, Jiggy said:

Yes beach launch into a lagoon. Apart from the soft sand it's OK, IMHO a better option than Wooli. Other don't have an issue with the Wooli bar and launch from there.

It comes down to your experience with bar crossings and the conditions at the time.

Cheers

Rob

Ok I camped there years ago would like to take my boat there do you think a Subaru would handle it?

1 hour ago, blaxland said:

Ok I camped there years ago would like to take my boat there do you think a Subaru would handle it?

I think it would depend on the day. The couple of times I’ve been there the sand was compact and hard so it was easy. A lot of locals have tractors for launching so I assume it must get very soft and difficult for any 4wd at times.

Edited by TK01

On 4/1/2022 at 10:08 PM, TK01 said:

I think it would depend on the day. The couple of times I’ve been there the sand was compact and hard so it was easy. A lot of locals have tractors for launching so I assume it must get very soft and difficult for any 4wd at times.

Thanks mate