First Report - Sussex Inlet (13/4/22)

Bluebenbomb

mrsswordfisherman
This post was recognized by mrsswordfisherman!

"Nice work on the PB!! Now in our records section"

Bluebenbomb was awarded the badge 'Superstar' and 50 points.

Fished the Sussex inlet yesterday and today, and also went out on a tinny. Caught nothing.

The area is weedy, snaggy, and due to the recent floods, have caused the water to be quite murky.

As I was going to give up, I rigged up an ecogear vibe for a quick flick, and bam. As soon as the vibe hit the water, the tailor struck. Got it netted quickly, and measured it (63cm). My new PB. 

I guess the lesson I learnt is to never give up, miracles happen always at unexpected times.

:)

P.S the measurement isn't too clear, but if you look closely, it reads 63! 😉

IMG_4208.JPG

IMG_4204.JPG

• Like 19

Nice job mate, there tends to be a few big tailor around the RSL land-based and of a boat. It is worth trolling some lures around there for sure. Also try heading up towards the mouth of the basin and drifting near the entrance as that drop-off has produced some nice flatties for me. But as always, nothing I say can be as good as what @Green Hornet says. He is the Basin/Inlet guru.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice fish Bluebenbomb. Tailor of that size put up quite a fight, don't they.

There's a particularly good run of tailor off the local beaches at the moment, so if you're around Cudmirrah or Berrara, flicking a lure into a gutter could get you another. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

There's a particularly good run of tailor off the local beaches at the moment, so if you're around Cudmirrah or Berrara, flicking a lure into a gutter could get you another. 

Beauty!!!! I am coming down tonight😁.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Mike Sydney said:

That is an absolute monster, well done! Can I ask what line you were using , and which vibe ?

Hey mate, I was using the ecogear zx40 (447), line used was J8 8lb line.

The 447 coloured vibe worked quite well for me, I caught 2 flathead last time before getting it snagged :(

good luck on your endeavours! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Green Hornet said:

Haha, thanks. I was at Cudmirrah beach yesterday, but didn't bring my rods :( so didn't have time to try it out. Anyways, I'm leaving today, but I'll be remembering this spot for later.

• Like 3