New Flathead Bag & Slot Limit for NSW

Not sure if everyone has heard yet, but the DPI have introduced a new bag and slot limit on Duskies. Takes effect on 1st of August in NSW.

“We have changed the bag limit of Dusky Flathead per person from 10 to 5 and introduced a ‘slot limit’ of 36 to 70cm for recreational fishers,”

https://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/nsw-introduces-flathead-slot-limit?fs=e&s=cl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

i  never fish for them ,    occasionally i hook  the odd one,  but what i really love is how they increased  the bag limits for    lobster , now  the 1% of amateurs  that fish for them  can all take  an extra one home   if they actually do catch  3 legal lobsters  in a pot ,  

• Like 1

Bring us into line  with QLD and VIC .

If I can catch and keep 5 around 45cm I go home a happy boy , never really kept more then 6 or 7 at the best of times and I prefer a size between the legal minimum and 55cm for the table anyhow . I see this as a win win situation , less flathead coming out of the system means there are more to catch =win . More big breeders in the system means more baby fish being produced which won’t take long to reach that minimum length and we can take a few for a feed = win.

The only people who don’t like it are the greedy buggers .

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...