Big Kingies off Sydney - out wide.

Pickles

Had another blinder on the Kingies today out wide with intel from buddy Tony (Antonio) and his son Connor. Crew (Aidan) and I loaded up with little slimies and Yakkas from “Georges corner” and then straight out through the chop - better than Monday, but still not pleasant conditions. Water temp was 20 degrees, but still lots of Barracoutta around. 
whilst bleeding a meter + Kingie over the side I got “Sharked” (or “sealed”), not sure which, but I’m not hanging a bleeding fish over the side again. Lots of big Seriola out wide - go get ‘em Raiders.

4D80B01F-7BD4-4114-B3A5-0E84FF689AA0.jpeg

0EA8DD91-44B6-44C0-93D0-69C86F5F8108.jpeg

E444B3C0-C8A9-4C92-9F48-803CE01BD5D1.jpeg

• Like 20

Amazing day as usual Bob.

I thought for a moment that you were holding the fish with YOUR HANDS in the water and felt relieved that you still had them! Of course you had more common sense than to do that, as evidenced by your tether. Still, very annoying that a superb feed was stolen.

I think maybe sharks and seals may be attracted to bananas as well!

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Yowie said:

Good fish again there Bob. 

The reason why one should not dip their fingers overboard. Next time, add a big hook to the fish. :074:

Was on the tethered cord Dave, non the less, I totally agree.

8 hours ago, Yowie said:

Good fish again there Bob. 

The reason why one should not dip their fingers overboard. Next time, add a big hook to the fish. :074:

That reminds me of the briefings you get when you do the crocodile tours in the territory. 'Please do not dangle your hands in the water, because that would mean PAPERWORK...and we hate doing PAPERWORK up this way!' 🤣

• Haha 5

I always wondered if seals or sharks would be tempted to take the fish that are tethered. I guess that question is answered. Another great day on the water Bob with some nice Kingie meals coming up. Hope to get back to Sydney in the next month or so, although all the planned rainfall may put the skids on that plan. bn

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 10:56 AM, 61 crusher said:

Well done on another great session Bob, I’m curious have you fished without bananas lately & do you do as well without them onboard 😄

Hi Deiter- never forget the bananas 😊😊😊

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 9:04 AM, big Neil said:

I always wondered if seals or sharks would be tempted to take the fish that are tethered. I guess that question is answered. Another great day on the water Bob with some nice Kingie meals coming up. Hope to get back to Sydney in the next month or so, although all the planned rainfall may put the skids on that plan. bn

Let me know ahead of time Neil - welcome to stay here and we can get out on the off shore reefs (if the rain ever stops). I haven’t been out for a month now due to big seas and strong winds.

look forward to catching up.

On 7/1/2022 at 10:45 AM, Larkin said:

Nice lot of fish there pickles 

any chance I could borrow that banana!

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Let me know ahead of time Neil - welcome to stay here and we can get out on the off shore reefs (if the rain ever stops). I haven’t been out for a month now due to big seas and strong winds.

Any Banana will do, but the prayers beforehand is what does it (faith in God, not a piece of fruit)

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 10:56 AM, 61 crusher said:

Well done on another great session Bob, I’m curious have you fished without bananas lately & do you do as well without them onboard 😄

Hey Dieter, often forget to take bananas, but just for fun I’ll toss my second favourite in - a choko. But it’s the prayers beforehand that do the Job, not the veggies.

On 7/24/2022 at 5:04 PM, Pickles said:

Many thanks Bob, I certainly will let you know when I'm heading to Sydney next. I DO HOPE that you're able to get out soon Bob. Don't want those Kingies getting TOO comfortable.

Oddly enough, we haven't had most of the rain that you have, yet the river is still running a banker. Price we pay for the dams being too full.

At this stage I will probably be coming to Sydney middle to end of September.

Cheers, Neil