Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out early this morning, the first time in the Hacking for 4 or 5 weeks, as I have been cruising about in my caravan.

Fished up from Lilli Pilli, most fish biting before sun-up. After that it was just little reddies. Mixed bait of pillies, squid and salted fish strips - no yakkas to be caught.

Also pulled out 2 little jewies, about the size of the larger tailor, and a last cast for a trevally nearing 40cm, that was released. A fairly quiet morning, though it is still early spring.

fish.jpeg.365_files_files_files.jpg

• Like 18

2 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Nice flattie there Yowie, a good feed in that fish alone.

A couple of good sized fillets.

2 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Good stuff Yowie, nice to see you back and fishing so I know what to do. I went out yesterday and caught zilch. Nippers, flats, deep water, nothing caught except 1 small pinkie. 

I had a scan for whiting over the flats as I was heading home, only saw one.:wacko:

2 hours ago, Squidless said:

Nice to see you back at it and never failing to take a feed home! I was also out this morning, out at the mouth looking for squid but no luck like @Larkin

Even the professional squidders are catching bugger all squid.

1 hour ago, Crabstar said:

Jewies are always good, think I seen you out this morning.

Good size flatty there

A nice flatty, but the jewies way too small.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Back in the Saddle again.

Top haul.

Well done

Thank you.

I spent a few weeks around the northern NSW/south Qld border, mainly a few bream, whiting, flatties, though plenty of throwbacks amongst them. Also landed 2 small trevally, with large eyes, so guessing Big Eye Trevally.

55 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Well done Dave - you did better than Sam, Neil and I - could have given you heaps of Yakkas, as that is all we caught - looks like a nice feed.

Thanks Bob. That one flattie feed 4 of us. Cut off the fillets, removed skin and bones, cut the fillets into bite sized pieces, crumbed and pan fried with a few prawns added, chips and veges. :gathering:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Nice return Yowie!

great sized flatty and I’m sure it will only get better from here…I haven’t been on the water for over a month and keen to get back into it soon!

Thank you. The fishing should start picking up soon.