St. George’s basin

Isaac Ct

Bit of a late report, Thursday night plan was to hit the beach. Caught some nice garfish for fresh bait and high tide was at 8:30, tailor where on the bite either side of the tide. 3 between 42-47cm, biggest ones I’ve caught. I could still see infront of me at 9. No photos as it was dark.

Yesterday i headed out on the basin with live poddies and mullet strips. Nothing in the deeper water, fish all caught around the inlet in shallow water. 3x flatties 37-41 and a nice Trev and Pb bream for me (37cm)

Merry Christmas to all, good time of the year for fishing. Hopefully everyone can get hooked on some fish.

B137BC83-0E02-4E2A-A9CD-83D0D00E3A57.thumb.jpeg.cceec9d43d67a0fa82ab2fedb76e9d88.jpeg

Edited by Isaac Ct
  • Like 15

20 hours ago, Yowie said:

Sounds like a good time was had there Isaac. Good sized fish of different types.

Thanks Yowie, happy with the variety. It fired like this last Chrissy down here so am pleased 

19 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Nice work. Keep at it and keep the posts coming. 
cheers Z

Cheers, I have one lined up. Just need to get the photos of a friend

17 hours ago, kobi caught a fish said:

Good work Isaac hopefully the Porthacking will fire soon

Haha, good luck Kobi. Might need to get some for you, seeing you didn’t get many last time.

15 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Nice work Isaac. Looks like you fed the family well for Christmas!

Thanks LF, they had a nice feed

15 hours ago, Mike Sydney said:

Great work mate , a beauty of a bream and some big tailor as well. 

Merry Christmas , keep the reports coming !

Thanks mate, 

7 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

Some nice fish there Isaac and congrats on the PB bream.

I guess now it’s Boxing Day, The Basin will resemble a parking lot until after new year with all the extra boats. Stick to fishing those quieter bays and you should do well mate.

Cheers Pete, it was rather quite on the water today. The usual people around Oaky island and the goalposts but max 20 boats in the spots mentioned. Got a fat 78 flattie today, right on the edge of the weed in my usual spot.

6 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Good fish, well done.

Thanks mate

4 hours ago, Rebel said:

Nice bream.

Top photo.

Well done.

Cheers rebel

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Isaac Ct said:

Cheers Pete, it was rather quite on the water today. The usual people around Oaky island and the goalposts but max 20 boats in the spots mentioned. Got a fat 78 flattie today, right on the edge of the weed in my usual spot.

A 78 is a great fish Isaac. Good job mate.

• Like 4