Flatties, snapper, bonito and JEWFISH😊

Pickles

Went out to follow up on a pretty average day on Weekend, hoping to get a good feed of flatties as having some friends for lunch tomorrow & I’ve been promising them fish. 
They won’t be disappointed as a fisherman’s basket. Jewie went 87😊 (tyJ)

In the Hawkesbury, all fish caught on 12lb mono using an “easy rig” (sliding sinker holder) with 4oz snapper lead and bait = squid,  fresh yakka strips and fresh tailor strips. 
(got plenty of Yakkas at West Head). Also caught 11 small Jewies (one at 68cm). Dropped one big Jewie at the side of the boat. 12lb is pretty light but the catch rate is considerably increased and if you take it easy and don’t panick, nearly always land the fish (using a net or gaff) 

FDF23919-3413-486E-B76E-F82DE0F6ABDC.jpeg

2FFCAF69-2B67-49C3-824A-F36B1387C9BF.jpeg

E99BC6AA-CA3C-4A96-B12F-681E5BFDF618.jpeg

7AA62CB0-8F05-462C-B58A-7AF25B824C8F.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Great report of another cracking day on the water Bob. You're certainly having a successful time fishing recently, firstly on the Bass and now on the Jewfish. Next will have to be the Kingies, then the Dollies if the script works out. Good luck whatever you're chasing, you're putting smiles on the dials of many others, as well as supporting the banana industry.

bn

39 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Great report of another cracking day on the water Bob. You're certainly having a successful time fishing recently, firstly on the Bass and now on the Jewfish. Next will have to be the Kingies, then the Dollies if the script works out. Good luck whatever you're chasing, you're putting smiles on the dials of many others, as well as supporting the banana industry.

bn

Next time you’re up this way, we’ll get out and target them mate.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Great bag Bob and very nice jewie, good to see the numbers of the soapies too!

I might have to pick your brain about your livid tank as I’m putting one into my Quinny!

Happy to help Rob - pm me and I’ll give you my mobile. It’s pretty basic and not that expensive and will make a huge difference to your catch rate.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 10:19 PM, Flyfish said:

Nice catch!  😻 

Which part of Hawkesbury river? Near Brooklyn or Patonga or somewhere else?

Pm me and I’ll give you the details