Kingies in the Harbour - full moon Tuesday

Pickles

Mrs Pickles (now retired -2weeks) begged me to come fishing in the harbour with buddy Peter (- well she said she’d come which is almost the same thing).

Yakkas were perfect size and hungry and we had 30+ in 1/2 hour. Squid were really tough and gave up after 40mins (charter buddies also had tough going).

The first  5 spots the sounder showed Kingies present but would not touch a bait😞. I ended up back at the bait grounds (bait was there, so Kingies shouldn’t be far away) and bingo Kingies showed up in numbers and so did Bonito and some small hammerhead sharks. We ended boating 2 Baby hammerheads, 6 Kingies & 3 Bonito.

04CDC733-ECB0-47F4-A3ED-CFC29CCC8297.jpeg

61844614-1B50-4F38-9D4F-9A15299EB786.jpeg

4DBD98E8-377E-4B05-A312-6809AA0FBB35.jpeg

1D221B60-E649-4B33-A4CF-9D963A183D17.jpeg

51CBE7CD-0C9B-41A4-8C8C-38FDED724146.jpeg

6CD41650-7D2F-4214-A978-30AB35DCEF98.jpeg

3B55DBD9-BFCF-4BAA-9BA2-7D8C4E0B2529.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Spelling
  • Like 24

Well done again Bob and crew. What are Bantu Hammerheads? I'm beginning to work out that you are not always the luckiest angler in the harbour. You are one of the most accomplished and persistent, that's for sure. You know more about the fish than they know about themselves...that is a big plus. Great photos of a splendid day on the water.

Well done, bn

• Sad 1

I’m most impressed with the whiting catch!   The old wife is a dangerous fish Biag 72.  If you get spiked you’ll know all about it!  I keep a can of solarcaine on board for its anaesthetic powers.   Old wife much worse than red rock cod spike but not as bad as bullrout!   Wash the wound then spray with solarcaine  and repeat spray every five minutes or so.  Available in any pharmacy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Biag72 said:

Nice catches, got a few nice whiting round lady Jane’s, land based on nippers.

CE05D55A-9698-4A37-806E-CDFF5A39B9B7.jpeg

:1welcomeani: @Biag72! That's a cracker catch of whiting out of the harbour.

I think you'll find plenty of kindred spirits here, fishing and otherwise.

We'd love to see some reports from you! Also feel free to introduce yourself to the members here: 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, big Neil said:

Well done again Bob and crew. What are Bantu Hammerheads? I'm beginning to work out that you are not always the luckiest angler in the harbour. You are one of the most accomplished and persistent, that's for sure. You know more about the fish than they know about themselves...that is a big plus. Great photos of a splendid day on the water.

Well done, bn

Doh - “Baby” thanks Neil. Lots of sharks around at the moment.

16 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Nice work Bob , Peter and Julie (was she really there?) ..... The conditions look perfect. Enjoy the feast to follow.

Cheers Zoran

Cheers Zoran - looking forward to catching up when you’re 100%

47 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Cheers Zoran - looking forward to catching up when you’re 100%

Yup. Knees are healing… I’m hopeful I’ll be good to go next week … now for the weather to cooperate. 
cheers Zoran 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pickles said:

Cheers Sam - looks like the Kingies are back - let ,e know if you want to have a shot at them Mon / Tues soon

Im definitely keen, my only day off it’s Monday. I’ll touch base with you once I know that I’m free. Thanks I’n advance!!