Upcoming Election in NSW

Neither of the majors are our friends-Labor has forgotten that the working man wants to fish for a few hours to escape the drudge of every day life and have become obsessed with keeping the far left happy (to which they will never succeed).The LNP think we are the great unwashed and spoil their water views and inconvenience their Wednesday afternoon sailing races on the harbour. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PaddyT said:

Neither of the majors are our friends-Labor has forgotten that the working man wants to fish for a few hours to escape the drudge of every day life and have become obsessed with keeping the far left happy (to which they will never succeed).The LNP think we are the great unwashed and spoil their water views and inconvenience their Wednesday afternoon sailing races on the harbour. 

Don't be disillusioned PaddyT. We still live in the best country in the world and have amazing fishing opportunities on our collective doorsteps. Life offers no guarantee other than taxes and death, everything else is subject to change. Smell the roses before they get sprayed with Roundup.

If nothing else, your article has brought a sense of awareness to the forum members, to be aware of the trickery and skullduggery which lives under the umbrella called POLITICS.

This post is a profound observation of the human condition we call class distinction, these days. It has and always will exist.

bn

• Like 1

Tomorrow is the day. 

Hope everyone has a read of the policies each party is offering. Easy sometimes to get bogged down with the face and why you don't like them.

So many big issues to consider really. 

May the best set of policies win and hope they actually fulfil their promises. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, big Neil said:

Don't be disillusioned PaddyT. We still live in the best country in the world and have amazing fishing opportunities on our collective doorsteps. Life offers no guarantee other than taxes and death, everything else is subject to change. Smell the roses before they get sprayed with Roundup.

If nothing else, your article has brought a sense of awareness to the forum members, to be aware of the trickery and skullduggery which lives under the umbrella called POLITICS.

This post is a profound observation of the human condition we call class distinction, these days. It has and always will exist.

bn

Hi Neil-not dissillusioned at all just brutally realistic these days. I explained my point of view to a few friends as this-I am a single issue voter-i vote for freedom-if my actions do not hurt someone else then i should essentially be free to carry on as i see fit. There are large numbers of busy bodies these days who see my chosen recreational activities (hunting and fishing) as things that need to be stamped out-not because i have any adverse effect on their lives or any one elses for that matter, i have no adverse impact on the environment (other that being a human being-dont get me started on that). So essentially other than some sensible scientific regulation (even this has been hijacked by ideology)  I should be left the heck alone-and so should everyone else.

• Like 4

On 3/23/2023 at 3:30 PM, XD351 said:

Many years ago on a radio station I heard a comedy skit about Bob Carr - It was called the Bob Carr alarm- In the skit  a couple of car thieves broke into a car and the Bob Carr alarm went off rendering the thieves immediately unconscious 😂 The alarm sound was just Bob Carr talking and that was all it took 😂 He was the cure for insomnia of the most dire kind 😂

Reading your post reminded me of the best comedy skit of all time, in my opinion. Coming from England, one has to have a sense of humour. Indeed it is a pre-requisite to being able to survive there.

Who remembers "how green was my cactus?" King Bonza the charismatic, Queen Bessie of Buckinghuge Palace, Little Johnny Howler.

Does anybody else remember it?

bn

• Like 3

Yep, spent many hours in machines in the MIA listening to that on the radio - 2RE and Wagga radio at night.

May be one of the reasons I have become so cynical of all politicians. I am not biased - it applies to all 3 levels of government.

I did enjoy the inuendo. The Comedy Company was also prone to taking the piss out of them.

Tight lines BN. More rain up here.

• Thanks 1

I remember “ How Green Was My Cactus” Neil and it was very clever.  I must be old as I don’t remember great shows like that coming up these days.

I won’t go any further on funny radio shows as not to hijack this thread.

1 hour ago, Blackfish said:

I remember “ How Green Was My Cactus” Neil and it was very clever.  I must be old as I don’t remember great shows like that coming up these days.

I won’t go any further on funny radio shows as not to hijack this thread.

The election is over so go for it. Anything comical has to be a good topic. I see that you have moved to Port Macquarie already. Hope you enjoy living there and get plenty of fishing opportunities. Unlikely that I will be coming up there next month, have some health issues to deal with first.

bn

Yes Neil up at Port now but unpacking and organising takes time so no fishing at the moment but it’s a bloody nice place so it won’t be long till I’m looking around for a fish.
Sorry to hear about your health and I hope you have a speedy recovery mate. I do remember you saying you were coming up this way and I was hoping to catch up so it seems like it will be another time now, all good as I’m not going no where 😀.

All the best mate and look after yourself.