NRL 2023 Season Chat

Rebel

Mitch Barnett certainly strengthens the spine of the Warriors,   simply out muscled the dolphins on their home pitch.

Not sure about their finals venture this year, but after a few hiccups over there last 4-5 games they still seem to have that key word of the moment "Resilience".   Think they will end a few finals hopeful teams this year, and maybe finish themselves in the 6's. 

I'd given up watching Warriors games over the last few years, but I have to say now, there games are now good contests and an interesting brand of football to watch.  I was at the very first Warriors home game in 95, while working in NZ, So always had this " soft spot " for them, but it's been very hard over their journey to keep that interest in watching them.  It's good for the NRL to have the Warriors playing finals and challenging for premierships, good luck to them I say..

Edited by BaitDropper
spelling
  • Like 2

@BaitDropper looking at the games the warriors have left I reckon there’re a good chance at top 4. A lot of the tougher games are behind us already. 
We don’t have any more games against Brisbane ,Penrith, Storm, Roosters and of the 13 left we’ve a bye, dragons x 2, raiders x 2, tigers…and our tougher games against bunnies and sharks are in Auckland. 
No guarantees in such a tight comp of course and I wouldn’t be surprised if we get walloped in Canberra next week but it’s a relatively straightforward second half of the comp for the Warriors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Sydney said:

@BaitDropper looking at the games the warriors have left I reckon there’re a good chance at top 4. A lot of the tougher games are behind us already. 
We don’t have any more games against Brisbane ,Penrith, Storm, Roosters and of the 13 left we’ve a bye, dragons x 2, raiders x 2, tigers…and our tougher games against bunnies and sharks are in Auckland. 
No guarantees in such a tight comp of course and I wouldn’t be surprised if we get walloped in Canberra next week but it’s a relatively straightforward second half of the comp for the Warriors.

I don't think they will cop a walloping next week in Canberra at all, no team this year has given them one, that is The big difference in them this year. Canberra is the likes of who they need to beat to finish high and looking at the two teams, which I have watched both recently, I think the Warriors, basically now at full strength, will go into the game expecting to come away with the points.  Every game for the Warriors now is really a litmus test, I think they'll be to good for the raiders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

Penrith V Dragons.

I believe the Dragons should close their club & start an whole new era.

Now that's cruel........but that said, probably true! I am going (unfortunately) to the Dragons/Manly game, my grand daughter is dancing at half time and I "have" to go.

• Haha 1

Bit of an Origin twist, Cleary out...so, Reynolds? Moses? Hynes? bit of a toss up that lot, my pick would be Reynolds (he knows a lot of QLD players tricks) and add Cody Walker in place of Luai, they have played together before, and Walker is playing well, toss in Cook and there is a real connection, Reynolds, Walker, Cook and Latrell.....with a maybe of Campbell Graham if he's not injured.

• Like 2

Yeah I guess so, not too sure he is up to that level just yet. Which ever way they go, NSW need to up their game and attitude considerably to even stand a chance at Suncorp.

4 hours ago, noelm said:

Bit of an Origin twist, Cleary out...so, Reynolds? Moses? Hynes? bit of a toss up that lot, my pick would be Reynolds (he knows a lot of QLD players tricks) and add Cody Walker in place of Luai, they have played together before, and Walker is playing well, toss in Cook and there is a real connection, Reynolds, Walker, Cook and Latrell.....with a maybe of Campbell Graham if he's not injured.

I think any of those half combinations would be a better choice,, I'd be leaning Reynolds as well. I would go one further and put turbo at fullback,  Campbell Graham to partner Latrell in the Centres ?  or wing ?...   Pretty radical changes I guess, but it's not working and he needs to change it up. I seriously don't think Freddy picks on form at all, or has the for sight on the playing combinations he picks,,  maybe he needs a bit of help with the whole selection process he is doing. I know Queensland, have a myriad of ex players and coaches advising and getting hands on involved, look how involved Cam Smith was in the rooms before the game, addressing the troops. I think Slater has built his tenure as coach quite differently to Freddy, well, it looks that way to me..

So I'm looking forward to some wholesale changes for the Origin 2, if there's not, Hmmm, maybe time for a coach change..

Edited by BaitDropper

My vote is for Reno and walker , both been playing solid games week in ,week out .

I think Hynes  needs to cook a little longer and I never thought of Moses as an origin player . I also think they should bring back City v Country as this gives players like Hynes and Moses a stepping block into Origin and gives the coaches a bit of a guide as to whether they will handle it in the big game .

12 minutes ago, Rebel said:

The only reason I mentioned Shuster is he reminds me of an up & coming Munster. Plays like Munster & is evil.

This is Slaters last Orgin he is leaving.

Cheers.

Haven't heard that.......is it confirmed or just gossip?

Seems he got off without any charge (what a surprise) API out for 6-8 weeks! I guess that leaves Cook to come in? So, does that make Reynolds half? And does that make Cody Walker in?

• Like 1