NRL 2023 Season Chat

Rebel

I was in need of resuscitation at half time - but still no try for poor Alex twal ! You would have thought that once they wer 30 pts ahead they could have tried to get the poor bugger a try , but no they pull him off the field 😡.He has been the only consistent player they have since round one . Amazing how now state of origin is near players start playing good - sirro was the same - had a bludger of a time I the first quarter of the season until origin then went ballistic.

P.S Noel your friend sounds like my sort of person - tigers fan who likes a drink 😂😂

Edited by XD351
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

NSW State of Orgin.

Leaving Damien Cook out of the side.

Big mistake Fredie.

Not too sure on that one, he has not been so flash recently, still playing OK, but not up to his past standard (in my opinion) NSW is pretty light on for forwards, I think they might get trampled on! Can't believe Tino only got a fine! Tried to get tickets to QLD game a minute after they went on sale, missed out, damn.....love going up there for Origin. Went to Sydney game last year (against my better judgement) what a sad old venue, no atmosphere, nothing "going on" outside, it's just a sad old blight on the game that it's like it is.

St George, finding new ways to lose every week, they seem to be getting worse. They have the basics for a good team, but it just keeps rolling downhill faster and faster! I still say there is internal "issues" starting at board level, right down to the dressing sheds.

• Like 1

I think that the Roosters are/were having some internal stuff going on too, seems they have shown Jason Ryles (assistant coach) the door, effective immediately, and no transfer fee if he joins the Dragons, they don't put up with behind the scenes stuff. Add to that a big injury/suspension list, their troubles are far from over.....yet.

Edited by noelm

Yeah, Cowboys are low on troops, injuries and Origin duties, but then, the Eels are missing some as well. Both teams seem to be coasting at the moment, neither standing out. Looking at the comp as it stands, only Broncos (that I think are about to stumble) the Rabbits (that are on the who knows what they will do list) Panthers (yet to really set the world on fire, but still hanging on) Dolphins (new kids on the block, well coached but I think will fizzle out) the rest are just making up the numbers, too inconsistent to make it to the top, maybe the Sharks might make a dash later on? 

Edit........I forgot Melbourne, still just winning without brilliance, but that's all you have to do!

Edited by noelm
  • Like 1