NRL 2023 Season Chat

Rebel

Can the Roosters get any worse? They have a great team "on paper" and a decent coach, but, it's just not happening, that performance was so bad, against a top team that themselves had issues.

• Like 1

Tigers tried hard but just can’t score tries and they stayed within two tries for the majority of the game - I was fearing 50 points . A cardinal and myrtle ( or is it myrtle and cardinal 🤔)freight train is ploughing its way to the top of the ladder and Latrell is driving it !

• Like 2

🤣 reminds me of Jamie Whincup and mark skaife in Supercars racing - every second word that came out of skaifes mouth was about Whincup, sadly now it all about SVG.

I turn the volume down on the footy as I can’t stand the drivel that comes out of the commentators mouths ,I refuse to watch channel 9 footy because they are even worse.

If you watch today games all you are going to hear about is Ponga or Tommy turbo .

• Like 2

Agreed @XD351 it’s the same old guard issue that nine’s cricket commentary had. And then the indignity of watching Thurston trying to be a tv personality to boot 😁

To be fair I listen to a lot of them on SEN while night fishing so am spared…

Edited by Mike Sydney
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Cowboys V Dragons.

Dragons gone for another year.

I think there is big "issues" at the Dragons, players dropped, coach in hot water, the team is in a shambles in more ways than just on the field, and it's been the case for a while now, even before the "famous" BBQ incident. A few players live near me, and some have heads too big to fit through double sliding doors.........

• Like 1

Who really cares what the commentators say & how they call the game.

As long as it is a good game, with a decent refree & no bunker with their slide shows & making a mockery of the game.

All teams have their stars. Some are better than others.

My 20 cents worth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Griffin gone.

St. George board of directors. Next.

Nah, I think the "old boys board" look after themselves first and players/team a distant second.....or third.

2 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Easts team look good on paper. Is the coach looking over his shoulder ?

I think his position is safe, he has shown he knows how it all works, but I think there is internal "issues" there, players leaving, others not performing as a team  kind of resembles the Dragons, but the Roosters will have a way back, Dragons are lost in the dark and now have no torch either.......