NRL 2023 Season Chat

Rebel

I’m beginning to think the commentators on 9 are popping a few Valiums before the game - I only watched the last 15min and couldn’t be bothered going onto kayo-15min of listening to their drivel was enough for me .

• Like 2

Dreading watching Origin with the 9 commentators, silly Andrew Johns mumbling and bumbling, Phil Gould over examining every blade of grass, might just watch without sound.

• Like 2

Nope, QLD did a "Queenslander" on NSW, played as expected, with heart and commitment, NSW try line defence was dismal, add to that mistakes and silly penalties and it was never in doubt. Game 2 at Suncorp will be an cake walk for QLD.

• Like 3

Yep, I think there is serious issues at that club (as I have said many times before) unless they do some big time clean out, then they are just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic! The "old boys" need to go, St George and the Steelers board need to move on, or get together. Ben Hunt said he will leave if Griffen gets the sack, well......I think he's full of sh,t, he won't get 1.2m a season anywhere else, his little blackmail plan didn't work, he is a great player, without him, the Dragons will sink altogether, but as it stands, the club is in real trouble.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

Latrell will be back.

They need Damien Cook & Nicco Hines to play the full 80 mimutes.

My guess, Latrell back (and the commentators won't shut up about him) Jake Turbo recalled to try to prop up the dismal try line defence, Cook recalled because of his "link" with Mitchel, Campbell Graham in the mix for the same reason,,,,,NSW to get a flogging at Suncorp and Freddy on the Dole soon after.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Game...

To me, this was a very strange game,  overall, the reds just plain and simply wanted it more, period.

NSW forwards in my opinion were the dominant pack, going forward, but then they lost there way, lost direction in the attacking half, it was strange, both Cleary and Munster, basically had mixed games, both never dominated like they normally do.  It's almost as though both teams, cancelled each other out. 

I saw some definite selection error's from young Freddy, with the obvious one being  after the fallout last year of not selecting Ado Carr, well he got a free ticket selection, in my opinion,  I do like him, but is he seriously the actual best winger in NSW ??..    Alot of the other big name players in the back line for NSW, didn't shine at all, in fact they looked somewhat out of place and didn't Gel at all.  Was this because of Freddies game plan ? or plain and simply wrong selections or positioning.  You've got 3 of the games best fullbacks, who play their best football, in that position, Mitchell, turbo and Tedesco, jet setting them all into the team, effectively finding a spot in the playing squad for them, is Freddies mistake In my opinion. Yes, Turbo and Latrell can play in the centre's, well, maybe Latrell more that turbo, But to me it's their undoing.

Queensland, with really a lot of lesser name younger players, simply played as a team, for each other and they got the game plan right.   

Overall, NSW need to start picking a squad on form, not past achievements, I like Tedesco a lot, but at the minute, there's other fullbacks in better form than him,  Maybe the grief Billy got when he dropped Dane Gagai, mainly for form should be heeded for origin 2...

It was a strange game...

Edited by BaitDropper
  • Like 3

As Cameron Smith said a long time ago.

Putting on a Qld State of Orgin jumper is like going to war for QLD.

Look at the coaching staff & advisors QLd have.

Slater, Smith, Thurston, Bennett & the list goes on.

Edited by Rebel

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

As Cameron Smith said a long time ago.

Putting on a Qld State of Orgin jumper is like going to war for QLD.

Look at the coaching staff & advisors QLd have.

Slater, Smith, Thurston, Bennett & the list goes on.

Yep, and what do NSW do? Yoga, walking on the grass barefooted and meditating.......yeah right, that's going to prepare a team for an origin "battle"! Little things like Cobbo scoring a mm from the touch line, both Tedesco and Luai right there, clean missed him, Frizzels near try, he is a beast and should have scored, but no....QLD just put in that extra bit....in my opinion.

• Like 1

Yes and no, he was definitely going for a charge down, which is all legal, but he also hit the kickers legs after he kicked the ball....so....I would be happy for "play on" but can also see the penalty being OK, kind of!

Tigers were robbed, they should have won the game.

If the bunker had of done it's job when the tigers player was pushed in the back while the raiders was in the process of scoring a try, take that six points off the raiders then Who wins the game.

Frank