NRL 2023 Season Chat

Rebel

Starting to get a bit over this faking injury to get a penalty.....players rolling around on the ground, holding head/neck/leg, given penalty, then make an instant recovery. In the Titans game, Tino was near in a wheelchair until the penalty, trainer checking his neck, then is as good as new.

• Like 1

It also gives their players a break , the only time they should stop is if someone is knocked out or has to go off for a HIA . If a player appears to have suffered an injury they should be off the field while they get seen to or it gets done behind the play  . I have been keeping an eye on Moses and his latest thing is to wander in front of an opposition player so they run into him and he takes a dive -makes my blood boil when I see things like that . If he did that to someone like spud carrol he would have stud marks in his back !

Edited by XD351
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

Bulldogs V Dragons.

Top game. The dogs never gave up.

Dragons killed themselves....as usual! Top effort beating them at home though, when they get Addo Carr, Kikau and Kirass back, they might even get better. I hope the Tigers pull another upset and smack the Dragons bums next week! If they do, I think Anthony Griffin will be checking out Centrelink......

• Like 2

9 hours ago, XD351 said:

It also gives their players a break , the only time they should stop is if someone is knocked out or has to go off for a HIA . If a player appears to have suffered an injury they should be off the field while they get seen to or it gets done behind the play  . I have been keeping an eye on Moses and his latest thing is to wander in front of an opposition player so they run into him and he takes a dive -makes my blood boil when I see things like that . If he did that to someone like spud carrol he would have stud marks in his back !

It's one of my pet hates as well...

However, and this is a big however.. Mitch barnett, a starting prop and a new signing this year for the warriors, got caught in an innocuous tackle about 4 weeks back, he stayed down, crowd bood him, reconned he was searching for a penalty, slow motion showed a fairly minimal head crush, no penalty just boo's for supposed faking, Well, turns out, he sustained neck damage and still hasn't played for some 4-5 weeks now, Warriors are effectively down a starting prop.  So sometimes, as minimal as it may look, there was a classic example of something innocuous causing a serious injury.

There programmed by coaching staff, to get up and get on with it, but to also try and bring attention of the incident to officials where a replay could be used to get a decision. Head knocks now, are treated as they should be, considering some of the serious head conditions, past players are suffering from in later life. When I was playing, ( union ) if we showed any hurt, we were berated by the runners and coaches afterwards, Never show an opposition player he has made a physical impact on you.

I also now think about the player that had a perforated bowel recently, that would have been excruciating when it happened, he played on, both the player and the officials should not have let that happened....

But, at least it's not like the round ball faking, now that is almost comical..

Edited by BaitDropper
  • Like 4

I think there will be some close games - Storm v bunnies should be a good one ! Good luck beating Brisbane on their home turf - they will play this like it is state of origin 😂

• Like 1

Tigers slowly killing themselves....boofhead Dragons player, hit late, near ready for intensive care, whistle blows for penalty, he jumps up laughing and clapping his hands! Tigers forwards should shoulder charge him into the grandstand! Faking knucklehead.

• Like 2

Changing coaches now won’t fix the problem - tigers have proved this as fact over the last 10 yrs and it didn’t work last year that’s for sure ! Problem is who are they going to replace him with ? Hasler is the only coach that I can think of that doesn’t have a gig this year . I think flanno , Barrett and Madge have positions at other clubs on the coaching staff . Dunno about Mick potter - he was at the bulldogs .

• Like 1