113cm Sydney Harbour King

nal

Wow, a true harbour hoodlum, after spending the morning getting cuttlefish we went to a wreck inside the harbour where my mate quickly landed a nice 79cm king inbetween a couple rats. After deciding to go get more bait we came back later in the day to drop more baits in the same spot. My rod however buckled over hard in the rod holder and a relatively short (4 minute) fight ensued in tight structure where this fish somehow didn’t manage to make it to the shore or surrounding moorings eventually landing it, the fight was unlike anything else where the fish just kept digging down in roughly 20 meters of water. So stoked 113cm of harbour hoodlum, the fish took a live cuttlefish with a 4/0 hoodlum hook and 50lb leader, tagged and released to fight another day.

FB2E48F5-6EC7-43D6-BEB7-7758117E1CE6.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sharknado said:

Nice fish bro 😀

You might want to actually straighten out the tail to get the true measure thought 😉

Still essentially the same measurement wether the tail is straightened or not, as you can see from the attached pic. Although I do admit it wasn’t 113, just in the moment and when I made this post that’s what I called it for, it was more so around the 112 mark

3C42B7EC-8F66-4AB6-BBD1-5CD5ECD178FF.jpeg

Edited by nal
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 5:32 PM, nal said:

Still essentially the same measurement wether the tail is straightened or not, as you can see from the attached pic. Although I do admit it wasn’t 113, just in the moment and when I made this post that’s what I called it for, it was more so around the 112 mark

3C42B7EC-8F66-4AB6-BBD1-5CD5ECD178FF.jpeg

We’ll give you a cm mate - anything over the magic meter is a solid fish and 1 cm is negligible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

We’ll give you a cm mate - anything over the magic meter is a solid fish and 1 cm is negligible.

Thanks pickles, especially as a harbour fish you don’t see many this size around at the moment