Landbased - Iron Cove

Hutts

Hey Raiders,

I have been reading reports on this site for a while, however this is my first post.

Went for a morning landbase flick at Iron cove around Rozelle with my brother on Saturday . Arrived at dark and not much action to begin with accept for a small undersized flattie for my brother. The light started to arrive and bang, my reel starts spitting of line at a pretty fast rate :biggrin2: After a short but extremly fun battle, a nice 36cm (approx) bream appears :yahoo: . After a quick snap, he was released to fight another day !

My fist bream on a lure and a nice one to start with (for me anyhow !). Caught on a squidgie flickbait attached to a snagproof jig head tied on to 6lb fireline.

We got a couple more little flattie and then we called it quits !

I have added a pic, so fingers crossed it works !

Cheers

Hutts

post-3439-1186910762_thumb.jpg

I've caught some decent fish (and stacks of bream) but I understand the feeling that you get from that first bream on lure. I was yahooing as much as I did when I landed my best snapper (8.3kg). Top stuff mate.

And by the way, your first was better than mine at 27cm to the fork.

Yahoo. :yahoo:

Congratulations and welcome to posting on Raider. Plenty of bream in the harbour system now that the trawlers are out and hopefully stay out.

Gladsville holds some big schools of bream too if you can get on a boat and try old moorings too.

Nice catch and good to see catch n release :thumbup:

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani: to Fishraider, Hutts!!

Great first bream effort on lure & brilliant first report! I know the feeling - I have only landed 3 bream on lures so far & my first was the same size as yours!! (Difficult to top that size, now!!)

Good to have you aboard - look forward to reading future reports!

Cheers

Roberta

Now your hooked!

There goes half your salary!

Top fish!

DAN

ill second that dan, onced hooked you go get more, then you get the bug.... after that its all over for your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.....

good catch by the way Hutts :1welcomeani:

Well done on your 1st bream at Fishraider Central. Iron Cove is quite active in winter too I'm finding.

Were you in front of Le Montage or near the bridge at Hawthorne Canal? I'm starting to recognise the sandstone wall + concrete footpath in your pic!

congratulations mate! theres nothing like the first fish on lures, get you addicted pretty quick!! just out of interest wat size was the flick bait as iv used the 65mm ones before and havnt caught much other than a few trevs...

:1welcomeani: Hutts

Nice effort and great result for you first SP Bream

What sort of outfit were you using, it looks the goods

and sure has the results :thumbup:

Keep up the good reports

Chris

Hi Chris,

Im glad the outfit looks good in the picture, but it is nothing all that special - it is a pretty cheap setup :thumbup: - It is a 7ft 2 piece Shimano starlostick rod 2-4kg with a 2500 PENN real spooled with 6lb fileline.

The :wife: won't even let me "say" the name G-loomes ! !

Peter

Well done on your 1st bream at Fishraider Central. Iron Cove is quite active in winter too I'm finding.

Were you in front of Le Montage or near the bridge at Hawthorne Canal? I'm starting to recognise the sandstone wall + concrete footpath in your pic!

Im not too sure of the names - but there was a bridge to my left that led into a canel, so I would assume that is Hawthorne Canal. I was up to the right of the bride past the wooded whalf, where the current runs the strongest !

congratulations mate! theres nothing like the first fish on lures, get you addicted pretty quick!! just out of interest wat size was the flick bait as iv used the 65mm ones before and havnt caught much other than a few trevs...

Hi Dicko

I am currently in Melbourne, so I am going of memory - which is very low at the moment ! It was a stormy squidgie flickback in the stormy colour and I think it was 85mm ? I use both 85 and 100, but im sure it was 85mm.

I think it really just comes to being in the right place at the right time and a big bucket load of luck !

Im glad the outfit looks good in the picture, but it is nothing all that special - it is a pretty cheap setup - It is a 7ft 2 piece Shimano starlostick rod 2-4kg with a 2500 PENN real spooled with 6lb fileline.

The :wife: won't even let me "say" the name G-loomes ! !

Hutts there is nothing wrong with your combo as it seems well balanced and a good length for the type of :1fishing1: your doing and Penn reels are good quality

Rather than saying it's pretty cheap I reckon it's good value for money :thumbup: not everyone can have a custom rod and Stella reel ............ hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :drool:

Sounds like you need to bring the :wife: to the next social and have her brainwashed that fishing is good

I'm sure Mrs Swordie and the other fisherladies on here would help out :biggrin2:

So book yourself in for a Day on the Bay see back to the bay social

Chris