Hoodie and a few Kings close to a metre

Formosan

After waiting for the crap weather to go away. Went out today and rigged up some kings.

1 Hoodie and a few close to a metre.

Jigged up a few rats :) and poppered for none. First time trying anyways :(

Enjoy the pics.

20130309_111101sm.jpg20130309_111535sm.jpg

20130309_080028sm.jpg20130309_082031sm.jpg20130309_090617sm.jpg20130309_091745sm.jpg20130309_091759sm.jpg20130309_093236sm.jpg

Great to see the king master back on to the kings .it has been a while for the big ones to get to the bay but knew that you would prob . get the first report in. congrads .

Edited by hornets

Nice fish, and smiles to go with them!

Thanks , We are pretty happy.

Nice kingies mate

Cheers

You are the king!! Well done!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Too kind, We just like to target them and enjoy the battle.

Great to see the king master back on to the kings .it has been a while for the big ones to get to the bay but knew that you would prob . get the first report in. congrads .

Thank you sir. Tempting to go to LR but haven't lost faith in Botany and Surrounds

Great work nice pictures

wait till you see the video :).

Bloody Amazing, Im gobsmaked well done.

Thanks..appreciate the comments.

Nice kings mate!

What weight line and hooks do you use? I hooked up a big king in pittwater today and it blew me away as soon as I put some tension on the line

I use 7/0 to 10/0 hooks. Tow hook can be smaller and usually 7/0 and stingers usually 8/0 to 10/0.

80 Lb Braid , 100lb Shock leader and 100lb 100% flourocarbon leader. This setup is suited for Downrigging. Knots are very important too , make sure you do them right and test them.

Edited by Formosan

Awesome! ie awe inspiring!

Well done. I feel like a tosser for not heading outside yesterday after seeing your report, meanwhile inside the bay was fairly quiet.

Counting down till next weekend now, and fingers crossed for more good weather.

Cheers,

Baz.

Thanks Guys.

Chewie: They took squid, started using whole then went on conservation mode and do half squid right down the middle and half a head on big squids. With 10 squids and the fish in this mood, we had to make it last.

Simda: Yeh been to Sydney east FAD.it is just below the peak due east of little bay. Navionics on Android /Iphone marks it out. Plenty of Dollies there a few weeks ago.

Plumb: Squid was quick and easy for us. Didn't need to change jigs once, Pink Yamashita Naory and a Shimano Egixile pink did the damage.

Edited by Formosan

Bloody awesome guys,

I am looking to get out a couple of times this week as I am off till Friday,conditions looking good.

And to think you got these in my back yard!.

I am going to have to engage you for kingie lessons.

How deep do you run your down rigger?.

Regards,

Paddy.

hey Formosan, I was there with my son when u guys where cleaning your beastly catch and i must say ive been fishing the bay about 2 years and ive never seen any one at all with such a great catch of kingzz . I have a question for you guys

multiple choice

1# is that your best catch at Botany

2# is that an average catch at Botany

3# is that a poor catch at Botany

you guys certainly know your kings :)

also so close to ur PB wow

Well done again dude! Thanks for the slab of king, I gunned it. And guys, I've seen parts of the video, and it's hilarious! So stay tuned.

Thanks mate. Still hurting after the king drag me around the boat like a ragdoll. :)

hey Formosan, I was there with my son when u guys where cleaning your beastly catch and i must say ive been fishing the bay about 2 years and ive never seen any one at all with such a great catch of kingzz . I have a question for you guys

multiple choice

1# is that your best catch at Botany

2# is that an average catch at Botany

3# is that a poor catch at Botany

you guys certainly know your kings :)

also so close to ur PB wow

It was nice to meet you and your son. After corresponding via youtube.

4# One of the best but there sessions where we got more hoodies or same number of kings.

I would rate this other time in the below video. The best inside Botany.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fphz_mGeAfM

Bloody awesome guys, I am looking to get out a couple of times this week as I am off till Friday,conditions looking good. And to think you got these in my back yard!. I am going to have to engage you for kingie lessons. How deep do you run your down rigger?. Regards, Paddy.

Awsome time to be off, Hope you get into them . So handy to live so close, What do you think of the propose oil wharf extensions?

Generally We DR mid to 3/4 , it all depends on the terrain and whats on the sounder.Getting snagged is a bitch.

Edited by Formosan

Hi Formosan and thanks for the reply.

I did a post re the wharf extension and dredging and it will have an impact for sure.

Unsure of their time frame as yet as it is only in the proposal and environmental impact study stage.

Rest assured it will get the green light and it will take more of our fishing area away.

Regards,

Paddypost-21154-0-66888100-1362959561_thumb.jpg