Forster Jew

Sherwinator

Hey raiders,

Just came back from a trip up to Forster with the family (around the Boomerang / Blueys Beach area).

I was keen to get a few Jewies off the rocks...

I couldn't believe it when I jagged this guy on my second cast! I managed to hook 2 more over the next hour but lost them both :(

They kept diving into the rocks and busting me off.

This guy was caught at 6:45pm just before high tide. It was 60cm and 1.9Kg.

I fished for the rest of the week and recon I hooked up on 3 more but lost them all (also released about 10 small sharks in by-catch). Oh well, just makes me even more keen to crack the 1m mark!

Sherwinator

post-7855-0-63579800-1363656130_thumb.jpg

Hey raiders,

Just came back from a trip up to Forster with the family (around the Boomerang / Blueys Beach area).

I couldn't believe it when I jagged this guy on my second cast! I managed to hook 2 more over the next hour but lost them both :(

I fished for the rest of the week and recon I hooked up on 3 more but lost them all (also released about 10 small sharks in by-catch). Oh well, just makes me even more keen to crack the 1m mark!

Sherwinator

What kind of lures were you using? I'm keen to catch some jewies off the stones.

Hey raiders,

Sherwinator

well done......just curious what sort of lure were u using................cheers

• 3 months later...