Flatties hungry on the run out

jenno64

Headed out to the Georges this morning to fish the run out tide for flatties. Launched the yak at 7am and deployed my poddy trap while I trolled the flats for 20 minutes. I trolled a couple of shallow diving lures and came up tight on a very nice 58cm flatty in about 5' of water.55cm Flatty on GG.jpg 

Kept this one on ice, then collected a nice batch of poddies and hit one of my deep water spots. The tide still wasn't running with much grunt yet but after a half hour I scored three flatties in quick succession; two around the high 40s and one about 70cm which I released.

70cm flatty on Poddy, released.jpg 

I tried another run out spot for no joy and headed back to the deep spot for the absolute ebb of the tide. A nice mulloway hit like a freight train and came up after a short fight; didn't have the brag mat on me but I'm thinking it was pretty close to 70cm and I released it surrounded by wakeboarders, jet skiers and whoever else was floating around.

70cm Mulloway on poddy.jpg Dropped a poddy down into the depths and another nice flatty in the high 50s nailed it.

58cm flatty on poddy.jpg Headed home with a great feed and spent an hour filleting, skinning and boning some sublime morsels for a few nice dinners:)

Good fish/ report mate, especially this time of year with all the jet skis about..... I got off the water at 9 am yesterday, to much traffic.... Hopefully this week will produce similar results for me.

U r the GR mystro !