Love the full moon in Sydney

Ribs

Late report, I've been busy cleaning n cooking fish and muddys?

Went out Friday with my mate and his dad, only 2 squid early so we made a run nth of the hacking along the cliffs to be ready for HT, caught 15 plus kings with 4 being legal, bouncy as all hell but that's king fishing, fish of the day went to the old fella, 62cm snapper, made his day as he also managed to snap his sons rod whilst being snagged and high sticking?

Successful and productive day for the 3 of us as we haven't been out this year . ? 

Since I had plenty of FRESH frames, which would be a sin to freeze, over Friday and sat night we got 7 crabs , released 2 big females and cooked up 5. 

To say we had a feast last night would be an understatement, but with kids running around, beers and watching the V8's, best Sunday arvo I've had in a while ?

IMG_2970.PNG

IMG_2975.PNG

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies everyone,  it was just one of those weekends when everything went to plan.

Yowie, yes the big angry fella managed to kill the other big male whilst in the same pot, bloody vicious sob .

Jeff, not bad for down here, wait till I get up there on your muddys! I'll do a cook up for u?

Tdogz, nah went up to Kurnell where I know a good wall drop off for the kings, nothing over 68 but plenty around. 2m swell so it wasn't ideal but that's kinging.

On 07/03/2018 at 1:58 PM, big Neil said:

I enjoyed your report Ribs. Well done on your persistence. Enough there to provide a couple of meals at least. Cheers, bn

Thanks BN, 6 people fed Sunday arvo, and left over till Tuesday , hate to say it, sick of muddies now.... won't last long ?

On 07/03/2018 at 6:20 PM, Basil D said:

nothing tastes better than muddies

Agree Basil, having srilankan parents,godparents,auntys uncles etc etc who love mudcrab or anything that swims, nothing goes to waste, we only had it growing up on a special occasion, mum or Auntys would cook a curry, so im slowly repaying them all the favour? 

• Like 2

On 07/03/2018 at 8:24 PM, Rock&Beach said:

Sorry Ribs but i must say that is just rude. How can someone have so much luck in one weekend. As the other fishos have said that is a smorgasbord. Well done. Cheers R&B

Thanks r&b, chicken and meat this weekend. 

On 07/03/2018 at 8:59 PM, jenno64 said:

Good stuff Ribs...you've left us all smacking our lips!

Cheers jenno, good old Georges .... much much better for us all ?

Just gotta pick your times, tide, moon, bar pressure, water, temp and luck=???