Kingies for a kiddie

Coswecanfly

A friends son likes fishing but his dad not so much so today I took them out on the boat hoping to stretch his arms a bit on a kingie. Fished for livies at Balmoral but kept getting other species and only got one yakka. Wind picked up a bit and youngster started looking a bit green around the gills so went around to the red yacht past spit bridge. Gave the youngster a 4kg setup and minutes later he was on. 58 and 59 cm kingies later and the lad was beaming from ear to ear. Glad I could give him his first kingie even though they weren't keepers. 

IMG-20190425-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20190425-WA0004.jpg

• Like 8

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:23 AM, Coswecanfly said:

We were barely in the door and he picked up the ps4 remote again. 😂

Unfortunately we as adults are also not a great example.

Ive just spent the last 3 weeks travelling around 3 hours a day on Sydney public transport & no one is interested in having an actual conversation & just spend the journey with there eyes in there laps looking at their phones!

We used to have to communicate verbally as humans where as now people are sending txt messages to people, even within there own homes.

Yep we have come a long way.

Get them out there more & more if you can then the games will become secondary instead of the most important thing in the world.

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Unfortunately we as adults are also not a great example.

Ive just spent the last 3 weeks travelling around 3 hours a day on Sydney public transport & no one is interested in having an actual conversation & just spend the journey with there eyes in there laps looking at their phones!

We used to have to communicate verbally as humans where as now people are sending txt messages to people, even within there own homes.

Yep we have come a long way.

Get them out there more & more if you can then the games will become secondary instead of the most important ting in the world.

Firstly good onya Coswecanfly for providing him with an unforgettable experience. Alas, as KC points out, society is rapidly becoming dehumanised by technology. The technology (itself) is not the problem, rather the imbalance of time which many spend using it. We humans are seriously in danger of losing the one thing that makes us unique in the animal world...the ability to talk to each other, face to face. bn

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ah Me Ting said:

Would that be me?

Ah Me Ting

Well you are the most important ting in the world , aren't you 🤪 🤣

Um spelling error, thing, I meant thing 😊

Fixed, hopefully I will not to get any other ting wrong...………………………………..thing I mean 😏

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Haha 1