South Coast Reds

GoingFishing

Gdayy Raiders

Been a while since ive posted a report, have been doing less fishing than id like however kids are growing fast and life more consuming 😔

Took a day off work and decided to fish the south coast as a few friends have been getting good results on the reds. Fished with old mate Ralph on his Whitley as his boat hasnt tasted the water in about 3 months and he wanted to give the engine a run.

Left the house at an eye watering 3:30am to arrive at the boat ramp by 6am. Finished up by 1pm and currently driving back, lots of free time to post up a report so here it is.

Overall a good day, a few nice reds and a few mowies. I usually throw the mowies back however i have been told they make good fish burgers. So will be giving them a try tomorrow.

Pillies and squid did the damage on traditional snapper and paternoster rigs.

Thanks for reading.

image.thumb.png.6d93f0c04ede678f035e9606687b9b1f.png

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Brendan Monks said:

Good size fish there!! 👍 Curious to see what approx. depth you were fishing? - No, I don't want the marks! 😅

I know a few guys always getting big reds down South (and North @scratchie), Would be good to see a few that size off the coast here. 😞

Cheers Brendan. We fished between 60 and 70m the whole day.

3 hours ago, Rebel said:

Great day out. Super photo.

Thanks rebel👍

3 hours ago, Plumb said:

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!, well worth it tho 

Haha that was my original thought when Ralph recommended a 330am start......as it happens when i havent been out in a while i get over excited the night before and barely sleep anyway 🤪

2 hours ago, Yowie said:

Nice box of fish.

Thanks Yowie

47 minutes ago, The Rev said:

Well done!

Cheer mate

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Awesome Sam! Nothing wrong with that box of reds. We’ve been struggling up here of late! Makes me think that they are all in the deeper water. 🤔And by the way, 330 is a normal start! Lol 😝 

cheers scratchie!!! 

I'm listening to the fishing report on 2SM right now & Matt from Salamander B&T in PS reckons snapper to 5kg are being caught off Broughton with SP's & smaller ones off little island.

Plenty being caught was his exact words!

I sometimes think these reports on radio are just there to get people & money into the area :whistling:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Awesome Sam! Nothing wrong with that box of reds. We’ve been struggling up here of late! Makes me think that they are all in the deeper water. 🤔And by the way, 330 is a normal start! Lol 😝 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Cheer Scratchie. Any time on the water is good time. Ps....330am wake up followed by 30 min trip to the ramp is very different to 330am + 3 hr drive!! 

11 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Great job mate. Well done. Wish we could target those here without the 3hr drive ! 
Cheers Zoran 

Thanks Z..... agree Sydney is not the best for Reds

7 hours ago, Welster said:

Awesome catch Sam well done. 

Thanks Welster 👍👍

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

I'm listening to the fishing report on 2SM right now & Matt from Salamander B&T in PS reckons snapper to 5kg are being caught off Broughton with SP's & smaller ones off little island.

Plenty being caught was his exact words!

I sometimes think these reports on radio are just there to get people & money into the area :whistling:

I didn't find any today that's for sure.