deep water green eyes off Sydney

danielsydney

7 hours ago, Brendan Monks said:

Nice work! What about the kingies in the pic? 😲😃 

I guess you get them on the squid?

Picked up a couple nice kings out at the peak on jigs before coming in for squid on the way home. The calis are too good to waste as bait 😋

Screenshot_20201022-172353_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201022-172329_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201022-172234_Gallery.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dlvbw said:

That is siiiiick mate. Love it. Do you use a paternoster to get the jigs down or a ball on the nose of the jig (or other???).

Cheers

D

30g weighted jigs mate. Ball sinker also works well on your standard 3's and 3.5s but not as effective.

On 10/22/2020 at 5:34 PM, danielsydney said:

I give them the Bruce Lee treatment 😂

Quick hand chop to the neck/backbone area does the trick.

The first squid I tried the old karate chop on ended up in 2 pieces & had a damn sore hand 😂

Great haul & feed on the squid & kingies there @danielsydney as well as good info on depth & deep jig

Have you tried that jig or paternoster rig on the deeper grounds (30m+) for a possible 40cm+ hood. I managed to pick one up in 60m once with a net after it followed a pair of trag up

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 2:29 PM, blaxland said:

Great feed there Green eyes Calamari are better eating than the Kingies I reckon. What does a 30g squid jig look like? or more importantly where can I get one

Cheers 

You can buy a sinker attachment for the jigs which i feel works really well too if you can't find them. They look the same as a 3.5, I got mine from Japan.