Port Stephens - No Jew (again)

Rummers

G’day Raiders, 

I have been hunting jewfish like a man possessed lately and spending a lot of time researching and then trying to put it into practice. Unfortunately I am still on the donut (about 3 months now 😳😩). 

Headed out about 5am this morning, as there was some swell out front I followed Scratchies advice and caught some good sized yakkas in shoal bay. Perfect - morning started off well. 

Headed back to middle island to fish an hour either side of low for Jew. As I was pretty early still I decided to chuck a plastic around for a flat head. No flatties but got a tailor at 32cm who lived to fight another day. 

Then sat at middle island just up off the hole for 2 hours for not even a touch. Bloody livies are probably still alive swimming around the bay 😂

Will have another crack through the week but the way I’m fishing I’ll be lucky to have a Jew by 2030 😂

Thanks for the bait spot Scratchie. Will be my go too when it’s rough out front I rekon. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Rummers said:

G’day Raiders, 

I have been hunting jewfish like a man possessed lately and spending a lot of time researching and then trying to put it into practice. Unfortunately I am still on the donut (about 3 months now 😳😩). 

Headed out about 5am this morning, as there was some swell out front I followed Scratchies advice and caught some good sized yakkas in shoal bay. Perfect - morning started off well. 

Headed back to middle island to fish an hour either side of low for Jew. As I was pretty early still I decided to chuck a plastic around for a flat head. No flatties but got a tailor at 32cm who lived to fight another day. 

Then sat at middle island just up off the hole for 2 hours for not even a touch. Bloody livies are probably still alive swimming around the bay 😂

Will have another crack through the week but the way I’m fishing I’ll be lucky to have a Jew by 2030 😂

Thanks for the bait spot Scratchie. Will be my go too when it’s rough out front I rekon. 

:whistling:

• Confused 1

Like most fishing Rummers, catching a monster fish is all about time on the water. Although with Jew fish it’s even more time out there. Glad I could help with a livie spot. Keep getting out there and will look forward to your jewfish report! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Thanks 1

Don’t worry many a person including myself have been possessed by the elusive silver ghost with many a sleepless night & at least you’ve done some research, keep researching & spending time out there chasing them & you’ll hopefully get one sooner rather than later & possibly crack the code

• Thanks 1