Port Hacking fires

hookerbruce

Haven't been able to get out for a while and don't know when I'll get out again so hoped to get a few feeds today to put away. Put the boat in at Grays point and caught some poddies before I left. Tried the deeper water off lilli pilli for nothing. Then moved to mainbar for some nippers. Saw a few whiting so had a fish. Caught a few legals then the 35 cm bream. As the tide came in a few better ones came along.

When this old bloke stripped off and started heading towards me decided it was time to leave even if he had a nipper pump.

Fished the edge of the flats up to south west arm, caught rays and shovel nose lost a large silver fish when the hook pulled almost back at the boat after about a 40 metre  run on a live bait. 

Dropped a large flathead  and kept a few. Was a very productive day for the hacking. 

Edited by hookerbruce
  • Like 11

If someone stripped off & started heading towards me with a pump in hand I’d be bloody getting out of there in hurry to 😂🤣

Great mixed bag of fish, sounds like someone figured you’d caught enough & wanted to unnerve you, I dare say retired coppers have a knack of intimidating people🤣

• Haha 1

That is a good feed Bruce, with some nice flatties.

I did not completely strip off Bruce  :074: there was some sort of decorum. Besides, I needed a few nippers.

Some small whiting were about, but a few bigger ones with them.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, 61 crusher said:

If someone stripped off & started heading towards me with a pump in hand I’d be bloody getting out of there in hurry to 😂🤣

Great mixed bag of fish, sounds like someone figured you’d caught enough & wanted to unnerve you, I dare say retired coppers have a knack of intimidating people🤣

Could not let Bruce catch them all.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Larkin said:

Nice mixed bag of table fish there.

Gotta hate it when you pull a hook on a decent fish.

With the livies I use a light gauge 3/0 suicide hooked thru the mouth, normally the thin hook hooks the fish in the corner of the mouth like a circle hook should. Pulled the hook on 2 fish well in to the fight. At least I know where to throw my line next time.

12 hours ago, Restyle said:

Good selection of fish to enjoy over the coming wet days. 

I would've legged it if a old bloke stripped down then headed your way as well. 😆

11 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

11 hours ago, Yowie said:

That is a good feed Bruce, with some nice flatties.

I did not completely strip off Bruce  :074: there was some sort of decorum. Besides, I needed a few nippers.

Some small whiting were about, but a few bigger ones with them.

Very pleased pleased with the fish I caught.

Might have to check my photos from the flats.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Welster said:

Great feed there Bruce.  Thats a cracking day on the Hacking.  Yowie was probably just wanting to know a few good spots in the Hacking 🤣

To get out took a lot of organising and was still in doubt till I had the boat in the water. The result felt like a just reward.

Yowie doesn’t need any of my spots he knows every rock and spot in the river .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1