Big Neil’s adventure continues - chasing Sydney Kings

Pickles

Neil and I and hit the harbour on Tuesday to catch the third in Neil’s bucket list - a big king. Although the weather was less than pleasant, my mate Craig (fishabout) said there were a few big kings lurking around, but were very hard to entice to feed. We decided to give it a crack anyway and were able to get some squid and Yakkas fairly quickly and had a few live prawns from the previous days river session on E.P’s. We hit a few of the bouys, wrecks and markers where they often frequent. Unfortunately they didn’t come out to play and catching up with a few of the other charter operators, we found, no-one else caught any kings either, so weren’t too disappointed.

Neil did however get a good feed and we boated some nice flathead, bream and snapper, but most of all all, it was a good day with mates.

87E428DB-1BE5-4A7C-8777-3BDFF1B0E7F3.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Content
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• Pickles changed the title to Big Neil’s adventure continues - chasing Sydney Kings
1 minute ago, frankS said:

Good to see Neil catching a few fish, nothing better than fishing with a couple of mates, even though the fish don't always come to the party it's great that time can be shared doing things we love to do.

Frank

So true Frank - pray you’re doing OK mate.

21 minutes ago, bessell1955 said:

Big Neil is catching lots of fish. You must be a great mentor.

Thanks Bessell, not sure that I am - just keen and when you get out alot, greater the chance success and there have been many I owe a debt for sharing their knowledge with me (Proverbs 15: 22 “… seek advice in all you do and you’ll find success”)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, papafish said:

well done Bob! any squid around?

7 hours ago, papafish said:

well done Bob! any squid around?

Sam there are plenty of squid, but (understandably) they are all small and a few cuttlefish with them (even smaller)

19 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Big Neil is catching lots of fish. You must be a great mentor.

He is bessell1955, although he wouldn't admit it.

There is a secret formula to the success of many Fishraiders:  EFFORT x TIME on the water = SUCCESS

Apply this formula to most types of fishing endeavours and the result will be POSITIVE.

Cheers, bn

• Like 5

6 hours ago, GordoRetired said:

Ah, chasing the elusive Sydney Harbour Kings, I will crack that one one day 🙂

Welcome to come out with me Gordo and lasso a kingie (no guarantees of course, but there are some really good middle harbour spots within a stones throw of yourplace).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Welcome to come out with me Gordo and lasso a kingie (no guarantees of course, but there are some really good middle harbour spots within a stones throw of yourplace).

We will do that soon. Was checking the forecast for Tuesday this week as it's the only day I could go out and it's looking a bit windy. Maybe we can find a decent forecast for Tuesday or Thursday next week 🙂 

12 hours ago, GordoRetired said:

We will do that soon. Was checking the forecast for Tuesday this week as it's the only day I could go out and it's looking a bit windy. Maybe we can find a decent forecast for Tuesday or Thursday next week 🙂 

Sounds good Gordon. I’m tied up (fishing, but with a full boat on my free days) until Tuesday 23rd November but nothing on from December 7-10th if any of those days suit. There would be another onboard with us, as I need someone to tow the boat, even though I can drive, I’ve had a few life “adventures” that have resulted in PTSD and narcoleptic incidents, so driving more than about 40 mins an issue.

let’s keep in touch - let me know if any of those days suit (weather permitting of course)

• Like 1