Ulladulla. A quick morning session

GoingFishing

Gday Raiders

Currently at Ulladulla for the week. As i mentioned in an earlier post i planned to do some bottom bashing offshore and also wanted to give burill lake a try for whiting.

Conditions today seemed good for a bottom bash. So we dropped in at Ulladulla 6am and hopped around a few marks i was thankful to have recieved from a good friend. Managed to find 3 decent reds between 40cm and 50cm and a dozen or so flathead. Theres 4 families here together and it was a delicious dinner this afternoon where everything got eaten. Nothing tastier than same day caught fish!

Hopefully out again tomorrow and then a whiting session in the afternoon with my son and daughter.

Kids also having a great time hunting the rock pools for starfish, shells and crabs which all went back after a quick inspection.

Screenshot_20211206-212605_WhatsApp.jpg

20211206_152216.jpg

• Like 14

2 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Gday Raiders

Currently at Ulladulla for the week. As i mentioned in an earlier post i planned to do some bottom bashing offshore and also wanted to give burill lake a try for whiting.

Conditions today seemed good for a bottom bash. So we dropped in at Ulladulla 6am and hopped around a few marks i was thankful to have recieved from a good friend. Managed to find 3 decent reds between 40cm and 50cm and a dozen or so flathead. Theres 4 families here together and it was a delicious dinner this afternoon where everything got eaten. Nothing tastier than same day caught fish!

Hopefully out again tomorrow and then a whiting session in the afternoon with my son and daughter.

Kids also having a great time hunting the rock pools for starfish, shells and crabs which all went back after a quick inspection.

Screenshot_20211206-212605_WhatsApp.jpg

20211206_152216.jpg

Nice one there, any crabs or prawns around the lake👌👌

• Like 1

This is what life's all about Sam. Any day where you can catch enough fish to feed several families would have to be a good one. I hope the rest of your break brings the same amount of success and you get back to what you do feeling refreshed and ready to battle through 2022 and whatever it presents. I'll look forward to your next report.

Tight lines, bn

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Yowie said:

A nice tub of fish, and the reds are at a good eating size.

Thanks Yowie. They tasted great on the bbq

22 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Excellent result Sam. I wouldn’t mind a tub of flatties mixed with reds any day of the week!! Congrats. Enjoy the break. 
cheers Zoran 

Thanks Z. Hope to see you soon for a trip onboard the fin

20 hours ago, papafish said:

Nice one there, any crabs or prawns around the lake👌👌

Thanks mate. Havent been to the lake yet but ill let you know when i do visit

16 hours ago, big Neil said:

This is what life's all about Sam. Any day where you can catch enough fish to feed several families would have to be a good one. I hope the rest of your break brings the same amount of success and you get back to what you do feeling refreshed and ready to battle through 2022 and whatever it presents. I'll look forward to your next report.

Tight lines, bn

Thanks Big Neil for your kind words. Tight lines

7 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Nice bag of fish mate, lovely feed for the families! Great report, good to see the kids getting out and about.

Thanks Isaac. The kids are having a blast.

6 hours ago, corro said:

Solid haul mate!

Cheers Corro

On 12/8/2021 at 6:26 AM, Pickles said:

A really nice mixed bag of fish Sam - well done. Hope the weather holds so you can get out some more.

Thanks Pickles. Great fun so far !

20 hours ago, Rebel said:

Great haul. Well done.

Your son seems to be having a good time.

Cheers.

Thanks Rebel. Hes been having a great time at the beach, in the pool, fishing and his favourite of all....rockpool hunting for crabs and other goodies

16 hours ago, masterfisho7 said:

Looks like you had a great time and all so was able to get a nice bag of fish 

Thanks Masterfisho

7 hours ago, Rebel said:

Don't forget to have a beer at the Ulladulla Pub.

Great Pub, had some great times there.

Cheers.

Thanks for the tip. Will do. They need our tourism dollars after all these lockdowns which is why im only holidaying in Aus for the next 2 yrs. 

1 hour ago, Larkin said:

You’ve had a few cracking days lately. Well done 👍 

Thanks mate. Not to jinx myself but i usually do OK on most trips. The issue i have is lining up good weather with being available !