A swim, a play and a fish

hookerbruce

Headed out from Grays Point tues morning with two of my grandsons . They are very capable and anchor the boat, pump nippers, rig their own lines, net my fish and even winch the boat onto the trailer. We caught bait then fished several spots in Port Hacking. Some produced and others were zeros. Picked my wife and grand daughter up at lunch and spent the afternoon on the sand flats swimming and relaxing.

Did manage a feed on the day and had a great day.

Resized_20220111_181148.jpeg

Edited by hookerbruce
Add photo
  • Like 14

Bruce, the little buggers do all of the work.  :074:

Sounds like a relaxing day, which is what you need.

Sand mullet are around the Lilli Pilli flats as of recent times. They are quite edible, usually better than the bully mullet.

A couple of flatties and crabs as a bonus.

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Sounds like a great family day🙂 - hope the weather was good.

The weather was perfect just enough nor easter to stop it getting too hot and warm clear 24 deg water coming in from the ocean. Waist deep water for jumping off the boat and plenty of small fish to catch and release.

1 hour ago, Blackfish said:

Sounds like a great day was had Bruce, certainly a mixed bag. That Salmon would have gone if it was on the light gear.

Was a great day. Yes naturally was on the 2 kg outfit anchored up in 60cm of water. So when the salmon was about 60 met away jumping and splashing around like they do the deckhands had to upanchor and move the boat chase it slowly and net it for me. A good bit of excitement 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

Bruce, the little buggers do all of the work.  :074:

Sounds like a relaxing day, which is what you need.

Sand mullet are around the Lilli Pilli flats as of recent times. They are quite edible, usually better than the bully mullet.

A couple of flatties and crabs as a bonus.

Hi Dave

Yes they are very good. I’ll miss them when school goes back. Not just helping on the boat but they are good fishing mates who will fish all day every day.

Crabs were one of the targets for the day but they didn’t co operate. We found the mullet in several spots. Yes they do cook up ok

Bruce 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 8:18 AM, BigHorse said:

I won’t say an exact spot as my dads mate has asked to keep a secret but I will say all along mungo at the bottom of the lake are waist deep water perfect for wading with the drag net. If you are looking to go later in the year I would say start booking as all the camp sites where packed. Good luck 👍

Thanks