Help!!! Zoom interview coming.

Fab1

Hi guys I need advice.

I have a job interview coming up and it's a zoom interview(who would of thought).

My last interview was 27yrs ago when you went and spoke with the boss pretty much and started working.

Any tips?I'm very rusty and extremely nervous as interviews and selling my self ain't my cup of tea.

Cheers.

Just make sure you check the zoom links capability & compatibility on your device whatever it is.

Then being a zoom call you have the added advantage of having notes in front of you without them really knowing so use that to your advantage.

At least with a zoom call you can be in your boxers below even if your wearing a suit & tie above 🤣

Good luck Fab 🙂

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all.I'll take everything said on board.Interview is next Thursday and the sweaty palms are starting.If I have one weakness it's interviews and public speaking.

Give me a shovel and a hole so i don't need to speak to anyone anyday.🤣

Good luck Fab. Remember that the people on the other side are desperate to give you the job. Interviewing for a new role is a real burden over and above their day job, and they are likely hiring because they are too busy. This is especially the case in the current environment. So put your best foot forward and you’ll be in with a real chance.

Edited by Little_Flatty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Been on interview panels dozens of times, best thing, be yourself (up to a point) listen to the question, answer the questions carefully, and provide information they want to hear, be polite and always say something like "thank you for your time" not kissing bums, just be natural.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

My cutrent job I had a skype interview it was different

Ironically I didn't bother wearing a shirt and I got the job

Did you apply for a job as the local stripper?🤣

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Good luck with the interview Fab. Get them talking about how bad an angler you are, because you're such a dedicated worker... and the job's yours. Good luck mate, bn

🤣If the job was for the world's crappiest angler nobody would stand a chance. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

🤣If the job was for the world's crappiest angler nobody would stand a chance. 

:074: Don't mention fishing to them.  :074:

Just try to be natural, have an answer for everything they ask and don't appear to be fazed by a difficult question. good luck.

5 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Just try to be natural, have an answer for everything they ask and don't appear to be fazed by a difficult question. good luck.

Cheers mate much appreciated.Do you have any advice on catching fish?Or am I beyond help now?🤣😂

19 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Hey that used to be my go to convo!

I remember many times sitting in board room meetings and doing high level presentations and using fishing or boating as an ice breaker!  

The men would be chatting about how the weekend was out in their boats and how great they fished. They would show pics of fish, as you do 😂

I would join in and talk boating then move on to fishing and my custom made rods and show some pics of fish. I would hand over some of my fishraider business cards and wow they all wanted to talk to me suddenly. Funny buggers 😁

All jokes aside it got me a foot in some doors at times. 

When is the interview @Fab1 ? What industry? Just think about all the raiders advice and good luck with it

24 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

I remember many times sitting in board room meetings and doing high level presentations and using fishing or boating as an ice breaker!  

The men would be chatting about how the weekend was out in their boats and how great they fished. They would show pics of fish, as you do 😂

I would join in and talk boating then move on to fishing and my custom made rods and show some pics of fish. I would hand over some of my fishraider business cards and wow they all wanted to talk to me suddenly. Funny buggers 😁

When is the interview @Fab1 ? What industry? Just think about all the raiders advice and good luck with it

You'd be surprised how many people you wouldn't think would fish or boat do.

Thursday ,manufacturing industry(paper mills), I come from glass industry and mining.

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Some blokes think women don't know much about anything, but become interested when the women know more than they do, or have done things they have not done. :074: 

Never judge people that you do not know. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Some blokes think women don't know much about anything, but become interested when the women know more than they do, or have done things they have not done. :074: 

Never judge people that you do not know. 

Agree.I do know woman are all naggers regardless.😜

Probably drifting off topic a bit, but sometimes women are more suited to a job than men (and sometimes not....won't go there) but a few years ago, I had a woman director, me as a manager, and a woman team leader, so, I was kind of between those two female roles (no jokes please!!) and in a funny way, it was a great working relationship, probably better than when I had a male director, not too sure why/how it worked better, but it did.

Well guys im in the wars literally.Had  intruders last night and I either sprained or broke my hand/wrist.

Anyway I managed to write a few notes and am ready for the interview and feel confident.

Thanks for every ones help.

• Like 1