Bream secret thoughts.

Pickles

Crabs are very underrated bait, I like those little brown ones you find under rocks in lakes and rivers, used whole, big Bream just scoff them down, never had much luck with Soldier crabs, a few Whiting and the odd Bream, but that about stops it.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, noelm said:

Crabs are very underrated bait, I like those little brown ones you find under rocks in lakes and rivers, used whole, big Bream just scoff them down, never had much luck with Soldier crabs, a few Whiting and the odd Bream, but that about stops it.

I have used crabs up north in Queensland, some of my family friends own a waterfront house in the backwaters and we use live baby crabs and catch stacks of Bream (pre covid of course).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bardi said:

And if fishing in a quiet spot, limit boat noise

This is very true unless you're fishing in, or adjacent to an oyster lease.

When oyster farmers are working their lease banging and crashing things around, its like ringing the dinner bell for resident bream and they will come from far and wide to feed on the scraps. In situations like this replicating those noises is like sonic berley.

Same if you have access to a trawler wharf. I've had some crazy bream sessions at Greenwell Point wharf, dropping baits in behind the boats while the guys are cleaning up their nets and hosing down the deck. Particularly when they've been out chasing royal red prawns.

• Like 6

On a similar theme, I have a good mate that lives in Mooloolaba in QLD, and we catch plenty of big Bream at a spot right near a fish and chip takeaway, buy a bag of chips and use one for bait, the Bream take them in the surface, tourists must just toss their leftovers in the water?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, noelm said:

On a similar theme, I have a good mate that lives in Mooloolaba in QLD, and we catch plenty of big Bream at a spot right near a fish and chip takeaway, buy a bag of chips and use one for bait, the Bream take them in the surface, tourists must just toss their leftovers in the water?

I did this in a similar situation fishing The Clyde in a bream comp once.

Needing to fish with lures I trimmed up a white, 4 inch Gulp minnow into a rectangular shape and pulled a few fish out right up against a wharf where tourists sat and ate their takeaway.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

Needing to fish with lures I trimmed up a white, 4 inch Gulp minnow into a rectangular shape and pulled a few fish out right up against a wharf where tourists sat and ate their takeaway.

I’m looking forward to ecogear releasing a golden brown organic 3 inch rectangular plastic infused with used chip oil 🤣

Seriously though, it’s amazing what you can catch fish on when you hone your intuition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

I’m looking forward to ecogear releasing a golden brown organic 3 inch rectangular plastic infused with used chip oil 🤣

Seriously though, it’s amazing what you can catch fish on when you hone your intuition.

Certainly is interesting what catches fish. Spinnerbaits look nothing like a fish but are deadly on many species. bn

• Like 2

scraps from garlic chicken, bones and other bits used as burley. Chicken bits as bait, and the bream I pulled out just stunk of garlic when I cleaned them. Full of garlic. No offence to Italian cooking, but the bream were already loaded with garlic for the stove.  :074:

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2022 at 12:06 PM, noelm said:

On 2/23/2022 at 1:11 PM, Green Hornet said:

On 2/23/2022 at 1:52 PM, Little_Flatty said:

@noelmand @Little_Flatty Just bringing up this old thread to show the lure manufacturers must be logging into Raider and listening to us haha and no, its not an April fools joke!

277172341_5007685835945861_5192440988288844868_n.jpg

Edited by Green Hornet
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

@noelmand @Little_Flatty Just bringing up this old thread to show the lure manufacturers must be logging into Raider and listening to us haha and no, its not an April fools joke!

277172341_5007685835945861_5192440988288844868_n.jpg

@Green Hornet this made me laugh so hard that my workmates (also keen fishos) came to see what was going on! We loved the ‘realistic chip action’ quip🤣!

Thanks for that…I needed it!

In all seriousness something like that might actually work. Am I an April fool by thinking that?🤪

• Haha 1

Ok on a more serious note , 

I spent a lot of time dragging a prawn net through weed beds in Brisbane waters for green nippers to take to folly point in the north harbour to catch big bream - why ? Coz we knew the same bait was there and had seen the bream swimming with their backs out of the water to get at these nippers or clickers as we called them . Pink nippers were good and local crabs were ok but the morale to the story is live, preferably local and don’t kill it with a hook .

12 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

@Green Hornet this made me laugh so hard that my workmates (also keen fishos) came to see what was going on! We loved the ‘realistic chip action’ quip🤣!

Thanks for that…I needed it!

In all seriousness something like that might actually work. Am I an April fool by thinking that?🤪

I couldn't call it an April fools joke as I posted it after midday, but if they ever came on the market I'd buy a couple for sure.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bluefin said:

Daiwa have a Potato Gem and a Chip. I'm waiting for the Hash Brown !

Up around the Gold Coast canal communities a lot of home owners throw their dog poo into the water where the bream are in wait for an easy meal.

Let's see Daiwa replicate that one!

mr-hankey-the-christmas-poo-dale-k-morrow-transparent.jpg

• Haha 3