Mulloway magic

Pickles

@Hads, his young fella (Jenson) and I have planned several trips that have been either washed out or blown out lately,  so last night we decided to just get wet and target Jewies in the Hawkesbury at the turn of tide at midday. You don’t melt in the rain and the fish are already wet and air temp was warm, so of we went.

We ended up with 8 Jewies (always respect bag and size limits) 4 nice tailor and  some Flatties. We came home saturated, but smiling.

EE51EBB1-676F-4BAE-9F84-6FD7A558FD8E.jpeg

74E11AF6-7FE3-4DBD-B0DA-C9A72BF1086F.jpeg

F13E39AE-FFA8-4E8E-8703-AE8F939D6D52.jpeg

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Hoods said:

Thanks for the report - can you advise how you rig the banana please? Setup, what size hook(s) etc Floating bait?? I am intrigued as we have dirty water up the coast & desperate for a fish.

Thanks

Hoodz

Hey Hoodz, drop a banana in the burley pot, or get some “essence of banana” (Coles cooking section), rub it all over your bait or simply use a 2 hook snood rig on a long strip of banana peel - can’t miss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoods said:

Thank you, As you are so confident I will take some "banana yellow" SP's outside next time & the banana essence!! Don't tell Scratchie!!

Awh, Jeff already knows and doesn’t approve - planning to catch up with home for fish sometimes soon and will promise “no bananas” 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jenno64 said:

Great work Bob

Nice fish and good numbers too! How was the water quality?

Thanks Rob, water was dirty as, debris, sticks and rubbish in quantity (had to keep my eyes peeled for flotsam, but pretty difficult with rain pelting down). Great jewfish weather though and for an “average” forecast, it was a great day - young bloke (10) had a great time.