Port Hacking Monday 14th

hookerbruce

20220314_212835.thumb.jpg.f1cc345a68ab5ec1d959d26c4ca29622.jpgHeaded out from Grays Point ramp yesterday morning went out off Jibbon looking for some flathead. Had a troll around the Bonnie on the way, no interest from the fish. Started drifting in 25 m of water and worked my way out finding a few legal fish when I reached the 40 m mark. Kept 5 fish 35-42 cm . The south easterly freshened up just after 9 am and the wind fighting with a strong southbound current made me head back into the river.

Water in the river is still very dirty, anchored in about 15 m of water out from Lilli Pilli baths after about 30 mins a few slimies, yellowtail and pilchards turned up. Didn’t take much longer for a few kings to show up ended up landing 10 biggest 64.5 cm , have to try and catch that again next week when it’s bigger.

Kept a legal reddie and some slimies etc for bait. Only had one shower of rain and the canopy kept me dry. Very few boats out.

Not an exciting report but at least I got out for a fish and had fun with the kings.

Edited by hookerbruce
Add photo
  • Like 18

Nice work Bruce. The flatties are better than having to eat the slimies and yakkas.

My mate had a fish 2 days ago up river - small kingies, salmon and a 42 cm tailor, and had a bigger tailor bite him off at the boat.

I'm currently in the central Gippsland area of Vic - the water around Bairnsdale is like murky like Sydney water.

On 3/15/2022 at 12:42 PM, hookerbruce said:

20220314_212835.thumb.jpg.f1cc345a68ab5ec1d959d26c4ca29622.jpgHeaded out from Grays Point ramp yesterday morning went out off Jibbon looking for some flathead. Had a troll around the Bonnie on the way, no interest from the fish. Started drifting in 25 m of water and worked my way out finding a few legal fish when I reached the 40 m mark. Kept 5 fish 35-42 cm . The south easterly freshened up just after 9 am and the wind fighting with a strong southbound current made me head back into the river.

Water in the river is still very dirty, anchored in about 15 m of water out from Lilli Pilli baths after about 30 mins a few slimies, yellowtail and pilchards turned up. Didn’t take much longer for a few kings to show up ended up landing 10 biggest 64.5 cm , have to try and catch that again next week when it’s bigger.

Kept a legal reddie and some slimies etc for bait. Only had one shower of rain and the canopy kept me dry. Very few boats out.

Not an exciting report but at least I got out for a fish and had fun with the kings.

Very nice champ!!!

I went back on Tuesday Arvo, lilli bath were good packed, took my son out for a session, got their and there were 5 people, 2 left. So we ended up with a decent spot. 5 minutes later came another 2 bloke and asked if can cast on the right side… I said sure since I’m a nice guy. Another 30min later came another bloke😅 so there were 7 people

fishing in a line of 10 metre or less.

managed 9 good size yellow tails 5 mullets!!!? Strange. And a bream. Might try and go during the day one time and see what happen might bump into ya😁