Disaster turned to blessings

Pickles

Once we got the brake calipers and pads out and changed the tire / wheel we were on the water by 6.40, just in time for the thick fog to start lifting & fishing by 7.30. I had TWO BANANAS and a choko (my favourite vegetable.). And we scored with a total of 10 nice duskies 😊😊 (and 2 bream 😞😞).

So turned out a pretty good day. The original plan was Kingies in the harbour, but due to the “adventure” and proximity to Berrowra and time we finally got mobile,  we fished the Hawkesbury setting out from Berrowra ramp and heading down stream to fish the flats and drop offs - results were positive with well over a doz Flatties caught in the 30’s, but only kept those over 40cm and biggest went 57cm. All in fresh Hawkesbury prawns.

0630A3DF-4CA6-478C-B6EC-79EA43D995A4.jpeg

37A61226-8425-4CD6-881B-55750860C0FF.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

A very worthwhile catch Bob. I was talking to a lady today who said that she had paid $65 per kilo for Flathead fillets at Easter. Extortion or what? bn

They’re waiting for you Neil - don’t forget the esky.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yowie said:

A nice bag of Flatties there Bob.

Are the prawns still running in the river, or have they just about stopped?

Dave, I haven’t been up the Colo end of the Hawkesbury, but the trawlers were netting aroundBarIsland on Monday, so I guess prawns are still running.

49 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Dave, I haven’t been up the Colo end of the Hawkesbury, but the trawlers were netting aroundBarIsland on Monday, so I guess prawns are still running.

O.K., thanks Bob.