Middle Harbour Magic

Robbo from Sydney

After 30 plus years  where at best I went fishing once every couple of year so,  I retired last year and bought my first boat and have been trying to learn where to fish in Sydney Harbour and Middle Harbour.

I snuck out early this morning and after a few hours trying different spots around Middle Harbour without any interest from the fish, I moved east of the Spit Bridge.  Ever hopeful, as well as my light gear I also had my kingfish rod out with a big piece of squid.  I don't know who got the biggest surprise - me or the flathead I hooked  on it.

This is my first post on FishRaider - but with a PB of 66cm I had to tell someone...  This is certainly going to encourage me to keep trying around the Harbour.

IMG_4256.jpg

• Like 29

On 9/26/2022 at 8:00 PM, Yowie said:

A good sized chunky flattie. A nice fish for your first post.

Thanks Yowie.  I love to read your reports about Port Hacking and it brings back lots of memories of my early teenage years  fishing down there.  As the weather warms up I plan to make a few trips down there after the whiting and maybe also try for something bigger

Welcome to Fishraider Robbo and congratulations on your boat, your nice Flathead, and your first post. Talk yourself into getting out regularly, it's good for your health. The harbour is pretty safe most days so just get out there fishing, and post your results. I'll guarantee you that we won't get fed up reading them. Good luck, bn

• Like 1