South Coast beach and basin

Isaac Ct

Gday raiders

Starting off with another beach report, down at Sussex inlet for the the holidays and decided another arvo session was in stall. People where in my usual gutter so decided to fish a shallow bank that dropped of about 30 m out. Could cast there but managed 2 of the biggest blue spots I’ve caught of the beach. Both over 50cm

Yesterday we headed out on the inlet with live poddies, targeting some flatties. We had a goldilocks and the three bears situation. My dad got one just under, I got a 72cm one, then my dads friend got one just right for eating. The flatties are on again.

Happy new year to all.

C3C9EA52-01D5-4601-9A22-A6EF9D2D979B.thumb.jpeg.b8b3d35cc89e7be3df1dc60ae9bae719.jpeg

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Koalaboi said:

Hi,

Great fish!

I don't know the difference between a blue spot and dusky flathead. What are the points of difference in the photo of the blue spot you've posted?

Thanks

I think he posted a photo of a Dusky there KB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Koalaboi said:

Hi,

Great fish!

I don't know the difference between a blue spot and dusky flathead. What are the points of difference in the photo of the blue spot you've posted?

Thanks

Dusky in the photo.

Some of my posts will show blue spots. A light blue batch of blue spots on the upper body.

On 1/1/2023 at 10:26 AM, Green Hornet said:

Good going once again Isaac.

Those blue spots are nice eating and good size as well.

Thanks Pete, have you been out lately yourself . I have been running into a few locals now and I’m waiting to see you pop up

On 1/1/2023 at 11:20 AM, Pickles said:

Another great report (and result) @Isaac Ct, great way to spend the holidays.

Thanks pickles, good going yourself 

On 1/1/2023 at 11:28 AM, Yowie said:

Nice work on the flatties. Beach and estuary fishing both paid off.

Thanks yowie, you’re estuary fishing seems to pay off whenever you want, unlike others who get lucky sometimes 😆

On 1/1/2023 at 1:57 PM, Koalaboi said:

Hi,

Great fish!

Thanks

Dusky is above, if you open the tails on both species there are differences in the dots and stripes 

On 1/1/2023 at 4:53 PM, Bluebenbomb said:

Awesome work @Isaac Ct, looks like you've cracked the code for flatties inside the basin and inlet. Great work on the flatty and report.

Thanks mate , been a few years in the making and some local knowledge has helped me.

On 1/1/2023 at 8:45 PM, Reel’em said:

What a croc! Well done mate.

Thankyou

On 1/2/2023 at 5:38 AM, big Neil said:

Great report and photos, you're slaying them. Keep it up! Cheers, bn

Cheers BN, hopefully a few more will waiting 

On 1/2/2023 at 8:11 AM, Rebel said:

Great report. Top photos.

Nice flathead.

Well done

Thanks rebel

On 1/2/2023 at 9:03 AM, jenno64 said:

Well done on some nice flatties! Good to hear the poddies doing some damage! Some very nice crocs there!

Poddies just slay them, they seem to always disappear from our usual spot after New Years unfortunately 

On 1/2/2023 at 10:10 AM, Larkin said:

Nice flatty Isaac, looks like your having some great sessions on holidays!

Thanks

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Thanks Pete, have you been out lately yourself . I have been running into a few locals now and I’m waiting to see you pop up

I’ve been laying low avoiding the holiday crowds and just sneaking out early or late in the day to flick a surface lure around the local flats. The prawns, bream and whiting are there, though the water still feels cold and the fish are lethargic. Getting the odd fish here and there, but nothing like the last couple of seasons. 
I’ll head back down Sussex way in February once all the tourists have gone.

• Like 3