Australian Idol - someone we might know

mrsswordfisherman

wow fantastic job Jackob .cant wait to see you in the top 50 .Jon d you must be very proud of him .takes alot of guts to do get up there .such an amazing deep sound to compared to when he is just talking its a big yes from me cheers dunc333

• Like 2

On 2/8/2023 at 4:33 AM, JimT said:

enjoyed the audition....great storyline too!

Jim

They really played on the forgetful storyline, he was actually told to take his music folder on stage by them playing on the fact he can be forgetful. They also put several cuts in his song which made it seem like he had forgotten bits. When he plays gigs he has over 200 songs he has notes with in his folder but a fair amount of them he can do without his folder. 
Recorded on my phone by the lake at our house.

Edited by JonD
  • Like 9

That song really shows his range @JonD
His bass voice is clear and when he moves up he is melodic and tuneful.

He should do very well. You will already know the answer of course!

I follow on Insta and enjoy his duets and sets at his gigs apart from that he is a great fisho too 👏👏

We will all watch and send best wishes. 
https://www.2ec.com.au/local-news/south-coast-local-aims-to-impress-australian-idol-judges/

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JonD said:

They really played on the forgetful storyline, he was actually told to take his music folder on stage by them playing on the fact he can be forgetful. They also put several cuts in his song which made it seem like he had forgotten bits. When he plays gigs he has over 200 songs he has notes with in his folder but a fair amount of them he can do without his folder. 
Recorded on my phone by the lake at our house.

I missed the audition. I’ll have to see if I can find it. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to watch the show, as I’m flying out to Singapore and Thailand on Monday (in the middle of a super Port Stephens black marlin season mind you! 🤷‍♂️ One of the top game fishing charter boats tagged 17 the other day. Go figure!).

Love Jakob’s voice in that clip! I’m a baritone myself and have to be selective with songs I choose to do. I tune down or change key when I perform on my own but my band seems to like doing songs in their original key. 🤷‍♂️

Was Jakob’s audition in that register? 😎

On 2/9/2023 at 8:17 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Thanks for posting that, Donna. I’ll try and find the performance.

@JonDI sometimes forget lyrics, too, even to the songs I’ve written myself! My band tries a lot of new songs (to me)… songs that I would not normally have considered singing when performing solo, so for many of them, I like to have lyrics in front of me… even if I don’t look at them all the time, it’s reassuring to know they are there! 😂 Rather than a music stand and folder (which I used to use), I now use an iPad in a holder that clips to my mic stand. I put my songs in an app called OnSong and I can even scroll down or turn pages with a wireless Bluetooth foot pedal. I have over 150 songs in that app. The more I use it, the less I have to use it, if you know what I mean! If Jakob’s interested and would like more info, let me know. 😉

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Thanks for posting that, Donna. I’ll try and find the performance.

@JonDI sometimes forget lyrics, too, even to the songs I’ve written myself! My band tries a lot of new songs (to me)… songs that I would not normally have considered singing when performing solo, so for many of them, I like to have lyrics in front of me… even if I don’t look at them all the time, it’s reassuring to know they are there! 😂 Rather than a music stand and folder (which I used to use), I now use an iPad in a holder that clips to my mic stand. I put my songs in an app called OnSong and I can even scroll down or turn pages with a wireless Bluetooth foot pedal. I have over 150 songs in that app. The more I use it, the less I have to use, if you know what I mean! If Jakob’s interested and would like more info, let me know. 😉

I bought him one of those mic stand attachments but can't get him to use it, he has a fair few notes on changes etc he makes to each song. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JonD said:

I bought him one of those mic stand attachments but can't get him to use it, he has a fair few notes on changes etc he makes to each song. 

I can do all that in the OnSong app. Want to use a capo? Key change/transpose? It’s just a click of a button. If I do a song in a number of different ways (as our band does), I just create another file. You can create setlists and add timings etc. so you can make sure you have enough songs for a gig.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...