Mrs Pickles out fished me (again).

Pickles

We had friends for lunch on Wednesday (fish on the menu) and Mrs Pickles was bragging about her ability and prowess out fishing me. So I threw the gauntlet down and said, let’s nick down the river.
It was already 6pm and a perfect cloudless summer evening (just enough breeze to keep mossies away and cool the air) and the Bass would be active on the surface getting their evening feed, so I was confident of 20 or 30 fish - How wrong I was, it seems it has finally happened and their annual schooling ritual of pelagic feeding on prawns has run its course and they have dispersed and headed up river.

The pic shows the one and only fish caught in 20 minutes of fishing - and you guessed it, she got it (with the help of my Lab’ Rosie, so I guess it was 2:1). It was a creditable 38cm,  I did however, give her the best lure and my favourite set up, but best to keep the boss smiling in order to get a leave pass when needed.

D8D6AAAB-1179-488B-8DB6-D2F7CFD98179.jpeg

7568FF44-C6FC-46E2-9E2C-0DE773EDFEF1.jpeg

433E6F64-A924-4C22-BC9A-2297542EBA53.jpeg

• Like 20

5 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Gentlemen do you think any fisho would "let" his wife/partner catch the fish?? 

C'mon men only say that to cover their embarrassment :blush: :1crybaby:

All jokes aside women are equal or better anglers than men ............ :1clap:

girls can do anything (especially my girl)

• Like 2

Good onya Julie, no mean feat to beat the maestro at his own game. Well done. Fancy Bob having to say that Rosie was on your team too. What a load of garbage Bob. You were beaten fair and square. Would have been a lovely little outing for the 3 of you. Thanks for the post. bn

• Like 3