Tasmania Fishing report

Hello Gang

visisting my brother in Hobart again and of course we always have a fishing trip in the mix 

checked out his fishing gear and I took over by throwing out some  pretty ordinary gear, took him to not allowed here rule 6, found some great gear on special , bought two sienna 4000 with a Shimano rods 6.6 3 to 5kg rod,  j braid 15kg line for only $99 bucks each ,  and managed to salvage two of his old rods/reels combos .

started cleaning the boat and making lunch when my niece said please uncle Bass can I come, how ca we say no.

got up 3.45am only to find my sister in law awake on the couch and she says Hello, my head hit the bloody ceiling, just then my niece comes in and says hello uncle Bass, shit me you guys , two heart attacks first thing in the morning .

anyway , we left home 4.10 am and was greeted some amazing sunrise and views heading to wards Bruny with a little tinny boat and 30hp outboard, talk out running on a sniff of an oily rag.

my niece got the first two squid followed  by my brother landing the next 7 squid and getting my but dusted by my niece 

in the end settled at 5all with my niece and my brother ten, 

went back to my brothers home , cleaned the boat, gear , fish and squid, cooked up a storm.

see you guys when I back to Sydney .

IMG_0120.jpeg

IMG_0119.jpeg

IMG_0121.jpeg

IMG_0117.jpeg

IMG_0116.jpeg

IMG_0114.jpeg

IMG_0108.jpeg

IMG_0107.jpeg

• Like 18

Lovely report Basil. Great to see happy faces and stacks of catches being the order of the day. I should have gone to Tassie in November but got ill and had to cancel out. Still on the list. It's a lovely place and the fishing is varied and usually excellent. Cheers, bn

• Like 1

That’s great, so good to see the nieces so excited about going for a fish and by the look of it they weren’t disappointed. I bet everyone was tired that night.

Great catch of Squid and that’s a Stonker of a Blue-Throat Wrasse.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 7:56 AM, Little_Flatty said:

Nice one Basil. Fishing with uncle Bass whenever you visit is going to be a much anticipated event from now on!

we have a great time each time i go there , from Blue fin tune to blue eye cod, 6 foot octopus to Crays to flounder and so much more, I posted all these previosly 

On 1/30/2024 at 8:10 AM, big Neil said:

Lovely report Basil. Great to see happy faces and stacks of catches being the order of the day. I should have gone to Tassie in November but got ill and had to cancel out. Still on the list. It's a lovely place and the fishing is varied and usually excellent. Cheers, bn

Not too late for this year , Amazing weather

On 1/30/2024 at 8:40 AM, Blackfish said:

That’s great, so good to see the nieces so excited about going for a fish and by the look of it they weren’t disappointed. I bet everyone was tired that night.

Great catch of Squid and that’s a Stonker of a Blue-Throat Wrasse.

love my Neice's to pieces 

On 1/30/2024 at 8:51 AM, Pickles said:

Sooooo jealous of those squid Basil - what a top effort, makes me want to move to Tassie.

These calamari are small foe the area , the hoods measure 50cm down there and that is only the Hood

On 1/30/2024 at 8:59 AM, kantong said:

those squid looks great, well done mate!

Thank you

On 1/30/2024 at 4:13 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Lovely day out with the family Basil. 

Well done all 

Always have fun down there :)

On 1/30/2024 at 4:51 PM, jenno64 said:

Great story Basil!

Always good to get into some good fish while on holiday and you sure made your niece and the crew happy with a fabulous bag!

My Niece kicked but with a hull of 5 squid 

On 1/30/2024 at 5:26 PM, Yowie said:

Change of scenery there Basil, nice work. Should have smuggled home some squid.

will go out to catch some locally now that im back :)

23 hours ago, Welster said:

You can’t beat quality family time and a top feed.  Well done. 

Best time and sad to leave them 

22 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

A great family outing.

Thank you

• Like 3

On 2/5/2024 at 9:27 PM, Larkin said:

You seem to find the fish where ever you go

top haul Basil!

yep the fish dont stand a chance 🤣

it is amazing in Tassie , been going down there every couple years , caught many fish like blue fin, 6 foot occys, lobsters, flattys, calamri etc not mention the yummy flounders at night 

• Like 1