Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

15 hours ago, Scooter0069 said:

Hi to all fishraiders 

My name is Scott I am 53 years old just moved to Caringbah about 4 years ago so still learning about fishing in the area we now live in.I have been fishing most of my life when I started fishing off Toukley bridge with a old cork with some line around it to now fishing out of my boat and just recently out of my jet ski most of my time is spent chasing flathead with my adult disabled son in our boat have been fishing with soft plastics for the pass 20 odd years with plenty success so I haven’t fished with bait for a long time I have just found this site and really enjoy reading all the post and learning about surrounding areas and love the fishing reports 

Cheers

Scott

Welcome to you Scott @Scooter0069

Plenty to learn here and share your experiences with other raiders. 

mrsswordie aka Donna

21 hours ago, Scooter0069 said:

Hi to all fishraiders 

My name is Scott I am 53 years old just moved to Caringbah about 4 years ago so still learning about fishing in the area we now live in.I have been fishing most of my life when I started fishing off Toukley bridge with a old cork with some line around it to now fishing out of my boat and just recently out of my jet ski most of my time is spent chasing flathead with my adult disabled son in our boat have been fishing with soft plastics for the pass 20 odd years with plenty success so I haven’t fished with bait for a long time I have just found this site and really enjoy reading all the post and learning about surrounding areas and love the fishing reports 

Cheers

Scott

Welcome to Fishraider Scott. We'll look forward to reading your posts as you explore your present environment. Plenty of anglers of all levels on here. My prime focus is Murray Cod but I enjoy all types of fishing.  Cheers, bn

Hello everyone!

my name is Ali and I’ve been around for w couple of years or so searching and putting the odd comment/ posts so I think it’s time I introduce myself and come out of my bubble! I’m 23 years old and fishing to me is like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I’ve been addicted since I was 6 years old after I put everyone on show at the entrance when the whiting was on 😅I’m a keen rock fisho willing to do whatever it takes to forfill my LBG dreams. I hope to be more active on this site and always down to help others with whatever they need. Thanks everyone and happy new year!

Edited by Ali2196
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ali2196 said:

Hello everyone!

my name is Ali and I’ve been around for w couple of years or so searching and putting the odd comment/ posts so I think it’s time I introduce myself and come out of my bubble! I’m 23 years old and fishing to me is like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I’ve been addicted since I was 6 years old after I put everyone on show at the entrance when the whiting was on 😅I’m a keen rock fisho willing to do whatever it takes to forfill my LBG dreams. I hope to be more active on this site and always down to help others with whatever they need. Thanks everyone and happy new year!

Welcome to you Ali @Ali2196

Look forward to your reports. 

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

My name's Andrej. I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to get involved.

I started fishing during the September lock-down in Sydney last year. A buddy of mine started it by posting a picture on his social media. He was soaking a bait off a jetty, drinking a beer, patting his dog, and watching the sun set. I messaged him, as he lived close enough and was alone, and asked to join. We had the best arvo. I got some nibbles on the the hand caster! But wait, isn't fishing supposed to be expensive and complicated? My friend assured me that it absolutely does not have to be. A few weeks later I had my first beginner combo and was hitting the water.

I've been obsessed ever since!

I've just posted my first report so check that out and let us know what you reckon.

Looking forward to getting more involved here.

Cheers!

• Like 8

Welcome to Raider @andrej351  you’ll find lots of good advice and camaraderie on this site, so if you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask. 

I enjoyed reading the report of your flathead capture. You’ll never find fish in the shops as fresh and tasty as the ones you catch yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

My Name's Dennis, located in Sydney. Started fishing a few months ago and have been addicted ever since.

I mainly fish off the rocks and occasionally fish off my friend's boat. Have caught a few bream, snappers, squid etc. so far but nothing too big. I came across this forum and was astounded by the amount of knowledge and tips.

Looking forward to learning from all the experienced anglers here! 😄

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sinneduo said:

Hi Everyone!

My Name's Dennis, located in Sydney. Started fishing a few months ago and have been addicted ever since.

I mainly fish off the rocks and occasionally fish off my friend's boat. Have caught a few bream, snappers, squid etc. so far but nothing too big. I came across this forum and was astounded by the amount of knowledge and tips.

Looking forward to learning from all the experienced anglers here! 😄

:1welcomeani:Dennis!

As @Green Hornet says, this is a fantastic community with some good anglers about. Most of all, however, is that there is a helpful spirit amongst us. That's actually what makes it special.

Write us a report next time you get out and feel free to ask if you have any questions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys.

I have this site pop up quite often when I surf the internet for something fishing related and to be honest, it's awesome. I felt guilty taking all the knowledge and not giving out any so I became a member.

I'm a keen fisho, trying most types of Saltwater fishing but usually stick to rocks, beaches, and sometimes estuary. I've also decided to get into bassing more these past summers and will do when season opens again.

I'm based south of Sydney and am strictly landbased, so I get to know all the nooks and crannies of my local spots.

P.s,

There is a picture of me on the internet somewhere holding my first ever Kingfish that was 43cm way to close to the camera, if you ever see this, pretend it isn't me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Drunkenfisho said:

Hi guys.

I have this site pop up quite often when I surf the internet for something fishing related and to be honest, it's awesome. I felt guilty taking all the knowledge and not giving out any so I became a member.

I'm a keen fisho, trying most types of Saltwater fishing but usually stick to rocks, beaches, and sometimes estuary. I've also decided to get into bassing more these past summers and will do when season opens again.

I'm based south of Sydney and am strictly landbased, so I get to know all the nooks and crannies of my local spots.

P.s,

There is a picture of me on the internet somewhere holding my first ever Kingfish that was 43cm way to close to the camera, if you ever see this, pretend it isn't me.

@DrunkenfishoI know what you mean about this site popping up when surfing the net. Just yesterday I was looking for info on Burrill Lake and Raider posts were popping up everywhere.

Checking on here first using the search function, I’d already seen the posts I was interested in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

I am quite new to fishing as I started in 2021 April. I have been to a few places to fish at. Some of these places are the harbour, Hawkesbury, The entrance, Windsor, Canberra, Tamworth, Botany bay and Port Hacking.

I mainly fish in saltwater but if I am given the opportunity I will fish in freshwater.

PB Flathead 55cm(Bobbin head), Whiting 31cm(Botany Bay), Bream 29cm(Harbour)(May have caught bigger ones at Apple Tree Bay).

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, eaglesilk5 said:

Hi everyone

I am quite new to fishing as I started in 2021 April. I have been to a few places to fish at. Some of these places are the harbour, Hawkesbury, The entrance, Windsor, Canberra, Tamworth, Botany bay and Port Hacking.

I mainly fish in saltwater but if I am given the opportunity I will fish in freshwater.

PB Flathead 55cm(Bobbin head), Whiting 31cm(Botany Bay), Bream 29cm(Harbour)(May have caught bigger ones at Apple Tree Bay).

:1welcomeani:@eaglesilk5! Some nice PBs there for a beginner angler, particularly the flatty. There are a lot of new anglers in this community at the moment, all at varying stages of their fishing adventures. Feel free to shout out if you need any help with anything, there's always plenty of help here from some really good fishos.

• Like 1

G'Day Folks,

I am a new member to the forum but have read many good posts and articles as a guest.

My wife and I have recently moved to Lake Macquarie and I am keen to get amongst the fish during the next few months. I have fished offshore extensively out of Broken Bay but intend to enjoy the quiet waters of Lake Mac for a little while. I currently have a little 14 foot Polycraft boat with a 30HP Honda on the transom. 

I am interested if anyone has any tips on squidding in the lake. The wife loves calamari and they are such a gun bait I would love to jig up a few. 

Any likely spots or tips would be much appreciated. Hopefully I will pay you back with some successful fishing reports in the not too distant future.

• Like 3

Hi Everyone,

I only started to fish a year ago and want to learn new things. I live in canberra and have been to Batemans bay, Moruya airport and Eden for fishing a couple of times. 

For the coming long weekend I am going to Lake Conjula for 3 nights. Any tips and place for fishing in lake conjula.

I have bought a new Daiwa sensor rod with 8000D baitrunner. Not sure if I can use this for beach fishing.

Any information and tips greatly appreciated .

Thanks 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rohanjoe said:

Hi Everyone,

I only started to fish a year ago and want to learn new things. I live in canberra and have been to Batemans bay, Moruya airport and Eden for fishing a couple of times. 

For the coming long weekend I am going to Lake Conjula for 3 nights. Any tips and place for fishing in lake conjula.

I have bought a new Daiwa sensor rod with 8000D baitrunner. Not sure if I can use this for beach fishing.

Any information and tips greatly appreciated .

Thanks 

:1welcomeani:@Rohanjoe!

Whether you can use your outfit depends on the species you are targeting. Sharks and mulloway are definitely an option.

Have a look at @JonD’s and @KhalidMSyed’s reports for an idea of what you can do off the beach down your way.

Have a search on the forum for tips for fishing lake conjola. I believe there are some current threads on that very topic.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing some reports!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/18/2022 at 4:18 PM, Guinness said:

G'Day Folks,

I am a new member to the forum but have read many good posts and articles as a guest.

My wife and I have recently moved to Lake Macquarie and I am keen to get amongst the fish during the next few months. I have fished offshore extensively out of Broken Bay but intend to enjoy the quiet waters of Lake Mac for a little while. I currently have a little 14 foot Polycraft boat with a 30HP Honda on the transom. 

I am interested if anyone has any tips on squidding in the lake. The wife loves calamari and they are such a gun bait I would love to jig up a few. 

Any likely spots or tips would be much appreciated. Hopefully I will pay you back with some successful fishing reports in the not too distant future.

Welcome to fishraider @Guinness

Nice choice of boat! We have had our Poly for 17 years and it still looks like new! 

Look forward to reading your reports

Hi everyone.

I’m new to the forum and also new to fishing here in Australia. My name is Ryan, I’m originally from the Uk and all of my fishing experience is course fishing in England.

I’ve just started lure fishing and I’ll mainly be fishing around Sydney north shore as I live in neutral bay. I was fortunate enough to bump into a couple of fish raider members @DerekD and @big Neil on my last trip to Mosman bay. Derik has been kind enough to help me out and give me some pointers as to be honest I have no idea what I’m doing 😂.

looking forward to reading through all the great content on the forum and sharing my experience with you all.

Thanks, Ryan

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Ryan.f said:

Hi everyone.

I’m new to the forum and also new to fishing here in Australia. My name is Ryan, I’m originally from the Uk and all of my fishing experience is course fishing in England.

I’ve just started lure fishing and I’ll mainly be fishing around Sydney north shore as I live in neutral bay. I was fortunate enough to bump into a couple of fish raider members @DerekD and @big Neil on my last trip to Mosman bay. Derik has been kind enough to help me out and give me some pointers as to be honest I have no idea what I’m doing 😂.

looking forward to reading through all the great content on the forum and sharing my experience with you all.

Thanks, Ryan

Welcome @Ryan.f! I've long been curious about coarse fishing! Given your existing skills, I think you'll find a happy place chasing luderick in the harbour.

You'll find plenty of help here to get acquainted with Australian fish! @DerekD's stomping ground is the north shore so he'll look after you on that front. I turn up at Mosman bay every now and again over summer, so might bump into you some time.

59 minutes ago, Ryan.f said:

Hi everyone.

Thanks, Ryan

Welcome to fishraider @Ryan.f how did you find us?

We have just come back from the UK visiting our daughter. 
@swordfisherman went fishing but was not able to land a fish this time.

88AD1759-B6B2-4DF1-BF10-F3323E519562.jpeg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Welcome to fishraider @Ryan.f how did you find us?

Twas the fault of @big Neil and myself. @Ryan.f was in Mosman bay and noticed Neil with fishing gear and started chatting. That led to a quick introduction to lure fishing with an invite for a lesson. Also suggested to Ryan to join that fantastic resource called Fishraider.

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2022 at 7:52 PM, Little_Flatty said:

Welcome @Ryan.f! I've long been curious about coarse fishing! Given your existing skills, I think you'll find a happy place chasing luderick in the harbour.

You'll find plenty of help here to get acquainted with Australian fish! @DerekD's stomping ground is the north shore so he'll look after you on that front. I turn up at Mosman bay every now and again over summer, so might bump into you some time.

@Little_Flatty thanks mate ye hopefully see you around mosman some time