Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

@TheFishosGrill welcome aboard!

I just finished watching the Darwin video and it was a real treat. So well produced and great content. Terrific footage and great to see a “story” rather than just a recorded fishing session.I love fishing in the rain and boy it sure was teeming down at the wharf there!

Terrific video and looked like it was a wonderful trip up north. Can’t wait to see more. 

cheers, Mike

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 2:06 PM, Mike Sydney said:

@TheFishosGrill welcome aboard!

I just finished watching the Darwin video and it was a real treat. So well produced and great content. Terrific footage and great to see a “story” rather than just a recorded fishing session.I love fishing in the rain and boy it sure was teeming down at the wharf there!

Terrific video and looked like it was a wonderful trip up north. Can’t wait to see more. 

cheers, Mike

Cheers Mike,

Appreciate your words, We love fishing and content creation is something Hoda does on a daily basis so its great to combine both passions together.

Will have more content this week coming :)

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 1:55 PM, big Neil said:

Welcome to the forum Matt. You should be an interesting addition to the forum with your interests in Fishing, Video creation and cooking. I will look forward to your reports. bn

Hi Neil,

Thank you for the welcome!

Happy to share all tips and tricks when it comes to the kitchen and video creation.

Anyone needs some help I'm here :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TheFishosGrill said:

Hi Neil,

Thank you for the welcome!

Happy to share all tips and tricks when it comes to the kitchen and video creation.

Anyone needs some help I'm here :)

What do YOU use to edit your videos? I'm hopeless with technology and struggle big time with video editing using Movie Maker. Just can't seem to understand the videos which show how to do the particular actions re editing. I'm not looking for help on here as I learn by being shown HOW to do things.

I'll check your videos out.

bn

8 hours ago, big Neil said:

What do YOU use to edit your videos? I'm hopeless with technology and struggle big time with video editing using Movie Maker. Just can't seem to understand the videos which show how to do the particular actions re editing. I'm not looking for help on here as I learn by being shown HOW to do things.

I'll check your videos out.

bn

At the moment i'm using filmora 11, although will be moving to Davinci resolve in the next few weeks.

Editing is a complete ass if I'm honest, but the great thing with YouTube is you can learn step by step. 
Filmora I found to be the most user friendly, but Davinci resolve has a lot more to offer in terms of actions for editing, you can pay for action packs that does all the work for you.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TheFishosGrill said:

At the moment i'm using filmora 11, although will be moving to Davinci resolve in the next few weeks.

Editing is a complete ass if I'm honest, but the great thing with YouTube is you can learn step by step. 
Filmora I found to be the most user friendly, but Davinci resolve has a lot more to offer in terms of actions for editing, you can pay for action packs that does all the work for you.

Thanks for your offer to share the details @TheFishosGrill
Would you mind making a post in the Digital Cinema to start a discussion? 

Cheers mrsswordie 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 1:49 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

A big welcome to you @Madkanu there are many members around your way. We have lots of yak fishos here. 
Look forward to your posts :) 

Impressive commitment to a rig Rob !! ... and so the Aus fishing adventure journey begins .... 

Cheers Zoran

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My name is Aaron,

Bait fishing for over 10 years and starting to learn lure fishing.

Do not want to spend on high end gear but satisfied with things that are bang for buck.

Very interested in technique and watercrafting and have spent countless hours practising lure fishing so far.

Have caught tailor and whiting undersized and am aiming to catch something that can actually be bought home.

Main priority so far

1. Learn to use soft plastics and then some hard bodies. Aim this winter is breambo and flatty

2.improve techniques 

3. Researching spots to fish for that is out of the way for summer during winter

4.land my first kingfish/mulloway on lures/bait.

5. Catch a blackfish(have been scouring parra river for weed but no luck)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, faker said:

My name is Aaron,

Do not want to spend on high end gear but satisfied with things that are bang for buck.

Very interested in technique and watercrafting and have spent countless hours practising lure fishing so far.

Have caught tailor and whiting undersized and am aiming to catch something that can actually be bought home.

Main priority so far

1. Learn to use soft plastics and then some hard bodies. Aim this winter is breambo and flatty

2.improve techniques 

3. Researching spots to fish for that is out of the way for summer during winter

:1welcomeani:Aaron!

We’ve been talking a little already, but there’s tonnes of information here if you search, and plenty of experts whom I myself have benefited from and still benefit from to this day.

Biggest tip is to just enjoy your fishing,  rather than only enjoying it when you catch fish. Those who say to themselves “I’ll be happy when I catch my first amazing fish” could be waiting a long time to be happy. Any day you get out on the water should be a good day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, faker said:

My name is Aaron,

Main priority so far

2.improve techniques 

Hi Aaron and welcome to the forum. As Little Flatty (Mike) says there are heaps of resources on this site but don't be shy about asking for help or information, as there are good opportunities to catch up with fellow Fishraiders and form good friendships too.

Good luck, bn

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi My name is Vic

My fishing partner has just moved away so I am looking for someone to join me on my boat. I live in Glenfield near Liverpool so would need to meet at my place. We launch at Botany.

Usually go out early mornings weekdays or weekends whenever the conditions are good.

I have lots of experience which I am happy to share but a bit older now so would appreciate the help and company. Just pay a share in the fuel and bait.

Call me anytime 

Vic - 0402 551 824

348387342_163561473353635_2447877175708357626_n.jpg

• Like 8

• 5 months later...

g'day raiders

jack here i fish pitwatter usualy careel bay palm beach and newport all landbased. i started fishing christmas last year and learn everything from youtube and websites like this. i dont have a spceific species i always chase, as im still learning im trying new tactics new fish to target anything fishing related basically. excited to get some tips to catch some rod benders from the experienced fishos on here.

cheers jack🎣

• Like 5

8 hours ago, jgoodare said:

g'day raiders

jack here i fish pitwatter usualy careel bay palm beach and newport all landbased. i started fishing christmas last year and learn everything from youtube and websites like this. i dont have a spceific species i always chase, as im still learning im trying new tactics new fish to target anything fishing related basically. excited to get some tips to catch some rod benders from the experienced fishos on here.

cheers jack🎣

:1welcomeani:Jack!

Good area of Sydney that you fish. Plenty of options, even if you're landbased. I for one have been wanting to fish the Careel bay flats for a while, but this hasn't happened. Maybe this summer...

What I will say is that there are a dizzying array of fishing methods and species to target and it's easy to spread yourself too thin. The more you focus on a particular species, method or environment, the more likely you're going to get consistent success. Plenty of help to be had here just search, ask and report on your experiences.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Jack. Don't be afraid to ask for advice if you need a little help. Fishing is a journey, yours has been going for a short time. Plenty of smart anglers on here and there's not many species that haven't been caught by them. This forum has lots of help available so just ask away. Good luck with your journey, post the results, that's what keeps the forum ticking over. 

Cheers, bn

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

:1welcomeani:Jack!

Good area of Sydney that you fish. Plenty of options, even if you're landbased. I for one have been wanting to fish the Careel bay flats for a while, but this hasn't happened. Maybe this summer...

What I will say is that there are a dizzying array of fishing methods and species to target and it's easy to spread yourself too thin. The more you focus on a particular species, method or environment, the more likely you're going to get consistent success. Plenty of help to be had here just search, ask and report on your experiences.

thanks mate 

i have noticed allot more sucess learning new fishing techniques where im fishing for anything really because i have been fishing newport at the anchorage marina and have great sucess with flatties,tailor,trevs,bream the odd flounder and have seen kingies bust up there. otherwise i dont really target singular fish species besides flatties and whiting i just go to new places where they might be and fish for anything but kean to learn.

thanks big neil and little_flatty

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all, Henry here

Just started fishing from September 2023, mostly land-based bait fishing around Sydney Middle Harbour/Para river area. Also started my lure fishing try-out following @DerekD's amazing article in this forum. I'd love to meet Sydney based raiders and learn some great techniques 😀

• Like 4

Hi all, I'm Luc. I'm not sure why I'm doing this, I'm a bit socially awkward, have extreme anxiety and usually just sit on the sidelines and pay attention... but I've reignited my love for fishing and I was hoping I could maybe find a few people to share it and enjoy it with. I'm from Merimbula on the far south coast and do most of my fishing from either walking the banks or from a kayak. I mostly target bream, flathead, whiting, mulloway, luderick and other pelagic species on lures in our estuaries and ocean rock ledges. 😊 Hopefully I will participate a bit more now I've actually dipped my toes in the water. 

Cheers! 

Luc.

20231112_120529.jpg

• Like 12

All the best Luc, we have a family member who suffers a similar problem to yourself.

To start any journey Luc you must first take a step and by joining , that's a great first step.

Looking forward to your reports mate.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, South Coasty said:

Hi all, I'm Luc. I'm not sure why I'm doing this, I'm a bit socially awkward, have extreme anxiety and usually just sit on the sidelines and pay attention... but I've reignited my love for fishing and I was hoping I could maybe find a few people to share it and enjoy it with. I'm from Merimbula on the far south coast and do most of my fishing from either walking the banks or from a kayak. I mostly target bream, flathead, whiting, mulloway, luderick and other pelagic species on lures in our estuaries and ocean rock ledges. 😊 Hopefully I will participate a bit more now I've actually dipped my toes in the water. 

Cheers! 

Luc.

G'day Luc

Where to go today? Wallagoot,  Wonboyn, somewhere in between?  Its a tough decision you have to make.  This time of year, the answer for me when living in Eden was nowhere. I hated what tourists did in otherwise pristine fishing locations.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All.

This past weekend, I picked myself up my first "real" boat, a great condition Swift Craft Sea Gull. I originally started on an Intex Mariner 4 with a 2.5HP engine about 1.5 years ago, then came into a 3.5m plastic dinghy with an 8HP engine middle of last year, and after deciding boating is right for me, and wanting something good for the kids too, I've picked up the 5m old bird, with a 90HP Yamaha on the back.

I'm based in inner South East Melbourne, and my local ramp is Mordialloc. Looking forward to learning, sharing and meeting other boaties and fishers.

image.thumb.png.cdfaf88db742a92bd6ea38edda412482.png

Cheers

Itai

• Like 6

A very warm welcome to Fishraider eitai2001. What a cracking boat you now have and quite a step up from your previous vessels.

Not sure how many members are in Victoria but I certainly will look forward to reading your reports as you get out on the water in the new vessel.

I have done a bit of fishing down South...Port Phillip Bay and Port Welshpool. Both are excellent locations to fish for a variety of species.

Good luck,  bn

• Like 3