Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

G'day Everyone

My names Wayne or Wayno to everyone been lots of years since i've been fishing and now due to a change in jobs im now finding i have some time to go fishing again.

I have no idea when it comes to lure fishing and i would love to learn how to.

Kids have grown up and decided they want me to take them fishing so i am trying to fimd as much info and learn how to lure fish before i take them.

So im here to soak up as much info as i can, im not to good on boats so im interested in land based fishing.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Waynocantfish said:

G'day Everyone

My names Wayne or Wayno to everyone been lots of years since i've been fishing and now due to a change in jobs im now finding i have some time to go fishing again.

I have no idea when it comes to lure fishing and i would love to learn how to.

Kids have grown up and decided they want me to take them fishing so i am trying to fimd as much info and learn how to lure fish before i take them.

So im here to soak up as much info as i can, im not to good on boats so im interested in land based fishing.

Welcome to Fishraider, there's plenty of info to get you started 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dirvin21 said:

Welcome to Fishraider, there's plenty of info to get you started 

Thanks mate looking around at way to rig lures i found a couple of old ones in my tackle that i didn't know i had and I haven't used, thinking about going for a quick session on Sat to scope out some places to take the kids.

20 minutes ago, Waynocantfish said:

Thanks mate looking around at way to rig lures i found a couple of old ones in my tackle that i didn't know i had and I haven't used, thinking about going for a quick session on Sat to scope out some places to take the kids.

I'd suggest try making a post in the "fishing chat", ask questions that's a major part of what FR is about

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dirvin21 said:

I'd suggest try making a post in the "fishing chat", ask questions that's a major part of what FR is about

Will do going to do a bit of search around the forum and see if things I would like to know have asked before no point creating a new post if the info is already on here. I've already found some interesting stuff in the library

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum Wayno. Plenty of info in the archives but if you want the personal touch there are the chat forum facilities to ask away. Somebody will know the answers that you seek. One thing you may wish to advise is your location. Obviously that impacts on who will respond to your queries. Looking forward to your involvement on the forum. Cheers, bn

• 4 weeks later...

G'day Everyone

I'm Jason and I'm turning 18 next year 😆

I'm quite new to this forum, everyone seems friendly (altho im have been lurking around for a bit haha). 

I live in lower north shore Sydney and my main type of fishing is usually iso-fishing . (wonder if theres other iso mates on this forum as its not really popular compared to other types of fishing)

Im landbased, usually fish off sydney/ middle harbour rocks or wharfs for trevallies and bream.

Recently there has been so much kingy and sambo action around where I usually fish and im very eager to learn lure fishing to target . I'd say im in desperate need for tips and suggestions on that, not much success in recent tries.

Looking forward  to catch  and unlock Jewies , tailor , and kingies on lure in the future.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JayC Fisho said:

G'day Everyone

I'm quite new to this forum, everyone seems friendly (altho im have been lurking around for a bit haha). 

I live in lower north shore Sydney and my main type of fishing is usually iso-fishing . (wonder if theres other iso mates on this forum as its not really popular compared to other types of fishing)

Im landbased, usually fish off sydney/ middle harbour rocks or wharfs for trevallies and bream.

Recently there has been so much kingy and sambo action around where I usually fish and im very eager to learn lure fishing to target . I'd say im in desperate need for tips and suggestions on that, not much success in recent tries.

Looking forward  to catch  and unlock Jewies , tailor , and kingies on lure in the future.

Welcome JayC Fisho plenty of great people and information on the site, use the search engine up top for a wealth of data

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JayC Fisho said:

G'day Everyone

Welcome @JayC Fisho!

There's a couple of ISO practitioners on this site. It certainly seems to be a very effective method of targeting many species in the harbour. You're right that it isn't common here but there are a few shops in Sydney that do a good job of promoting it. I think the problem is that it can cost $$$$ to get started. I've been tempted myself!

Plenty of help here regarding kingie and sambo fishing on lures (though from what I understand ISO will get these too!). Do you have any lure casting gear already?

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 5:53 AM, Little_Flatty said:

Welcome @JayC Fisho!

There's a couple of ISO practitioners on this site. It certainly seems to be a very effective method of targeting many species in the harbour. You're right that it isn't common here but there are a few shops in Sydney that do a good job of promoting it. I think the problem is that it can cost $$$$ to get started. I've been tempted myself!

Plenty of help here regarding kingie and sambo fishing on lures (though from what I understand ISO will get these too!). Do you have any lure casting gear already?

I'll say Iso fishing isn't actually as $$$$ as one thinks so to begin with, as a high school student i didn't have a lot of budget and i started simple by adding a burley bucket and a scoop to cast the burley to my normal bait fishing tackle and also changing my rig, and then i slowly advanced by adding more gear to suit different environments ( which are mainly floats, splits shots and leader)  and then also a soft telescopic rod to allow myself fight trevally like tuna and bream like wild carp. After that it only costs about 18 for an 3 hour session to hook on a handful of breams and trevallies.

We do occasionally catch Kingie and sambo as well as bonito tuna occasionally on iso, but usually, we use tiny prawns for bait to mainly target bream and topwater fish don't always see them.

The problem with iso-fishing for me is that it's too time-consuming as I make my own burley and also cleaning gears afterwards 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Now i'm lazy and sometimes i rather go for a quick flick haha.

For lure gear  i currently have a Daiwa Aird LT 3000-C reel and a 7ft bream rod ( forgot the name) , both not quite suitable if I'm going for topwater fishes hmm but I'm not sure what to get yet.... 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I’m Dan, and I might be one of the youngest members here at 15 years old. I joined a month ago and I’ve been mad about fishing since I was 6 years old. My dad just wanted to spend some father son time so he took me for a fish and that’s where it all started. I can’t go fishing often because I have school and many other things to keep up with but when the vacations come I won’t miss any opportunity to try go for a fish. I like to just chill with friends, play some basketball, read and of course fish. Not many people my age fish, but somehow I do have 2 mates who are also mad about fishing so sometimes I go with them. I’m not that experienced in catching bigger fish, but have caught a pretty decent amount of fish like bream, flatties and whiting. Now I’m looking to chase the bigger kingies, Jewies, salmon and any other good sized fish. You might have seen me posting around the forum asking for advice for kingies lol. I have experience fishing in the parra, the entrance and some parts of the hawkesbury like Cowan creek so if you have any questions about fishing those areas I would be happy to help, as I do have some knowledge to impart. Don’t have a boat unfortunately so I’m land based. Looking forward to getting to know y’all. Cheers

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

G’day all, I’m Rob and grew up fishing mostly perch, pickerel (aka walleye to the Americans), bass and pike in Northern Ontario, Canada. My wife and I moved to Sydney a few years ago and then up to the Pittwater area more recently. Not knowing the first thing about saltwater fishing I hadn’t dropped a line since we moved but a productive morning of small mouth bass fishing during a recent visit home reignited the fire so I’ve started doing some jetty and kayak fishing around Pittwater.  So far I’ve only managed a few small bream but have seen enough larger fish swimming past to keep me going including something in the half meter+ range follow my lure back to the side of the boat. (Maybe a kingie?)

I’ve started checking out the site for hints and tips and am grateful for any suggestion. 

…and why not, a photo of my not at all impressive fishing rig attached. 🤣

2D191966-9E80-4514-B318-3E42C11CE520.thumb.jpeg.b6e9b81e4897771c18b0a966f91d9bd7.jpeg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Madkanu said:

G’day all, I’m Rob and grew up fishing mostly perch, pickerel (aka walleye to the Americans), bass and pike in Northern Ontario, Canada. My wife and I moved to Sydney a few years ago and then up to the Pittwater area more recently. Not knowing the first thing about saltwater fishing I hadn’t dropped a line since we moved but a productive morning of small mouth bass fishing during a recent visit home reignited the fire so I’ve started doing some jetty and kayak fishing around Pittwater.  So far I’ve only managed a few small bream but have seen enough larger fish swimming past to keep me going including something in the half meter+ range follow my lure back to the side of the boat. (Maybe a kingie?)

I’ve started checking out the site for hints and tips and am grateful for any suggestion. 

…and why not, a photo of my not at all impressive fishing rig attached. 🤣

2D191966-9E80-4514-B318-3E42C11CE520.thumb.jpeg.b6e9b81e4897771c18b0a966f91d9bd7.jpeg

A big welcome to you @Madkanu there are many members around your way. We have lots of yak fishos here. 
Look forward to your posts :) 

• Like 1

Hello raiders,

I'm Raghav, I'm in my 30's, and live in western Sydney. The fishing world is very new to me, I want to learn & take up fishing as a hobby. I've bought basic fishing gear to start off my journey, I've had a very unfruitful first solo session at lake Parramatta.

Hoping to connect with some like minded folks & learn more about fishing. I'm open to tagging along on fishing sessions land-based or offshore.

Cheers!

Edited by Raghav
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, Raghav said:

Hello raiders,

I'm Raghav, I'm in my 30's, and live in western Sydney. The fishing world is very new to me, I want to learn & take up fishing as a hobby. I've bought basic fishing gear to start off my journey, I've had a very unfruitful first solo session at lake Parramatta.

Hoping to connect with some like minded folks & learn more about fishing. I'm open to tagging along on fishing sessions land-based or offshore.

Cheers!

Welcome to you @Raghav you are in the right place to learn about fishing. 
Use the search function to explore the info here and read the reports and chat threads.

By the way thanks for the link you sorted on our map 👍

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm Josh and I'm 15 years old. I have been fishing for about 3 years on and off but I've only recently started getting more serious into it. I have been looking on the forum for a few months. I am starting off in lure fishing and am looking forward to learning from everyone here.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jo5hC said:

Hey guys, I'm Josh and I'm 15 years old. I have been fishing for about 3 years on and off but I've only recently started getting more serious into it. I have been looking on the forum for a few months. I am starting off in lure fishing and am looking forward to learning from everyone here.  

Welcome Josh to fishraider. Spend some time reading the reports and learning. 
Look forward to reading your fishing reports. 

Hi all, my name is David - aka The Crappest, I have a small pup, her name is Keeks, she comes everywhere.

I have been fishing on and off since I was 14 (more off than on to be honest), and here I am 3 decades on. I live in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, but I usually fish off the beach and rocks with my best mate down the South Coast (Gerringong, Gerroa, 7 Mile Beach etc).

My best mate and I have been talking about doing a big trip since we started and we have decided on exploring W.A.

I recently bought a couple of new set ups in preparation for this trip, and I am keen to start ramping up my knowledge and frequency of sessions around Sydney Harbour, and exploring more spots in the East.

The best fish I ever caught was a juvenile Cobia (or Black Kingfish) down at Cowan on the Hawkesbury - more because I would never expect to catch anything like that there. 

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi, meet a few people and hopefully contribute in a meaningful way.

Edited by thecrappest
  • Like 6

G'day fellow fishos!

My name is Matt, and I'm from Sydney.

36 years old been fishing now since little. Was working as a correctional officer for years and decided to now to do videography as an own business.
Had to become flexible as my daughter has some issues with depression and anxiety.
Fishing is a part of my life, I regularly fish Central Coast and Wollongong land based and sometimes boat again in both those directions.

I just started a YouTube channel hoping my love and passion for fishing and videography will work hand in hand, importantly I decided to jump onto this forum because no matter how old we are, or how many years fishing we have done there is always something new to learn, and also passing on my own knowledge.

I am also a chef in my past life so cooking is another love of mine (watch for some awesome recipes also)

Anyway, glad to be on board and look forward to chatting to you all.

Thanks

Matt

• Like 5

14 hours ago, TheFishosGrill said:

G'day fellow fishos!

My name is Matt, and I'm from Sydney.

36 years old been fishing now since little. Was working as a correctional officer for years and decided to now to do videography as an own business.
Had to become flexible as my daughter has some issues with depression and anxiety.
Fishing is a part of my life, I regularly fish Central Coast and Wollongong land based and sometimes boat again in both those directions.

I just started a YouTube channel hoping my love and passion for fishing and videography will work hand in hand, importantly I decided to jump onto this forum because no matter how old we are, or how many years fishing we have done there is always something new to learn, and also passing on my own knowledge.

I am also a chef in my past life so cooking is another love of mine (watch for some awesome recipes also)

Anyway, glad to be on board and look forward to chatting to you all.

Thanks

Matt

Welcome to the forum Matt. You should be an interesting addition to the forum with your interests in Fishing, Video creation and cooking. I will look forward to your reports. bn