Cooks metre jew

Beautiful fish there Stewie..

Looks like the tomato might be the new go to for a while.

See, its not too bad fishing on the weekends with the rest of us working class. Ha.

Hard luck Nathan, keep at it. You're not the first or last to take photos of Stewie holding Jewfish in the Cooks.

Great work on the jewies - you obviously have them wired!

Mind sharing a little of your technique for fishing plastics for jewies? I gather they like slow retrieves as I've heard they are a bit on the lazy side and also like to sit in eddies out of the current flow but that's about all I know if this back art.

Fil

5 hours ago, swordfisherman said:

Enough weight to get to the bottom but not like a brick and when the line goes slack wind tight and two quick hops and repeat all day ? About 1 Jew to 300 casts

Ha, yeah persistence seems to be the theme with any method of targeting jews.

Thanks for the tip

Can anyone explain to me why the Cooks has this quality of fish in it ?

I mean the system is only 2 rungs away from a being declared a sewer..

It would have to be the most polluted waterway on the entire east coast of this wonderful land..   I'm genuinely interested in why fish would frequent/reside there ?

Any theories ?

6 hours ago, bardi said:

Can anyone explain to me why the Cooks has this quality of fish in it ?

I mean the system is only 2 rungs away from a being declared a sewer..

It would have to be the most polluted waterway on the entire east coast of this wonderful land..   I'm genuinely interested in why fish would frequent/reside there ?

Any theories ?

I guess they find everything that they need in the Cooks River, polluted or otherwise. Their needs are simple...food to eat and security from being eaten by something bigger. Water with enough oxygen to sustain them, and structure where they can hunt their prey. I'd be interested to see what Swordie thinks about the level of pollution and his answer to your question. Cheers, BN