Port Stephens- team scratchie

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Its been a while between posts. I have been out fishing but mainly just catching a few flatty etc. I did hook up to a marlin the other day but got busted off. :( 

Today, I manage to get out with the nephew and Jnr. We headed straight to Broughton Island and fish the sisters. Had the place to ourselves for the whole morning. Fished with sps only for snapper and managed a few with a couple of good ones! Plenty of bait there mainly yakkas, but underneath them were the snaps! Caught a pearlie on sps too! Then we went  and picked up some flatty for lunch. Nephew started feeling sick so we decided to troll one of the islands. Landed 5 bonito in 5 mins plus a just undersized king! 

Headed for Home and was back at the ramp in no time due to the glass like conditions. Great day on the water with the team! 

Cheers scratchie!!! BF776769-E74B-422E-BA39-5416640DF9AD.thumb.jpeg.52ffd187c14eff4421ce03f1a580c237.jpeg3F77C5B7-F6EA-4D9E-9CAB-B61B83993E60.thumb.jpeg.02fb5d2f9fc8a9fb03b4eca97647305b.jpeg79A0E37E-937A-454D-BAF6-171C8CB09D85.thumb.jpeg.485eec716ebd8a9934eec99854ec01ce.jpeg165CC436-B84D-4896-A2B1-5020544F5DDB.thumb.jpeg.5449a9b78526c0395300c3ee30aa1da8.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, swordfisherman said:

Good work boys

Cheers swordy! Beautiful day out there! :) 

1 hour ago, Berleyguts said:

Great effort Jeff and Team Scratchie! Those glassy days always seem to be when I’m working!

Pink Z Man for the snaps?

Thanks baz! Yes mate, 5inch zman coconut ice. I love those sps! 

1 minute ago, nbdshroom said:

Nice one Jeff. Killer haul in those sublime glassy conditions. 

Thanks Pete! Captain fair weather would be happy out there today! :) 

2 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

nice pearlie jeff..a few more would have been cool  a1 eating...rick

Thanks rick! Agree! 

1 hour ago, Berleyguts said:

I thought pear perch were caught in deeper water but you got that at The Sisters?? 

Yeah baz, that’s the 3rd time I’ve caught them there! First time on sps though! I was deep, a whole 15m lol :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoingFishing said:

Nice mixed bag there scratchie.... will make for some top eating for sure. Love that the young fellas are addicted too

Not sure if they’re addicted to the fishing or the lollies and chips I take with me! :blink:

40 minutes ago, back cruncher said:

Hi all...well done scratchie.we often catch pearl perch arround the sisters,more often than not they are under size.

how do you get the fish to stay onn the cleaning table scratchie ?????

I super glued them!! Haha 

No magic involved but the flatty jumped off a few times! :) 

• Like 1

Good work bro, some nice sp fish there, plenty of boats out when I left onMonday, so u did well considering the crowds, Never seen the bay that busy before, the ramp was pumping all weekend!

I Managed some squid at night off the big jetty, and a lonely flaty At shoaly stones Easter Sunday on a wriggler, other than that and a 40min wait for the Mrs coffee Easter morning it was a ripper weekend.

woolys bread ? never tasted so good?

3 hours ago, Ribs said:

Good work bro, some nice sp fish there, plenty of boats out when I left onMonday, so u did well considering the crowds, Never seen the bay that busy before, the ramp was pumping all weekend!

I Managed some squid at night off the big jetty, and a lonely flaty At shoaly stones Easter Sunday on a wriggler, other than that and a 40min wait for the Mrs coffee Easter morning it was a ripper weekend.

woolys bread ? never tasted so good?

Cheers champ! Mate we had the sisters all to ourselves! Go figure! I thought little mate with his rocket bum was keeping them away! :P