Lake Mac 30/6/19

blindmullet

Hi All,

Went out Lake Mac Saturday night for a all nighter with a mate, was pretty slow when we got there, sun went down and the wind picked up (usually the other way around) so we moved for cover. Went south of pulbar and anchored for the night. Burley went out and the white bait come in, 5 squid, then Taylor, lots of Taylor. Caught one just legal and put him on the heavy rod. Not much happen after that for a few hours so we blew up the air mattress and had a sleep. Few hours later a reel screams and i jump up only to find its the Taylor waking up and running off, put him back where he was. An hour after that and the reel is screaming again, i grabbed it (still in sleeping bag) and knew it was not the taylor getting some exercise. 2 great big runs and some head shakes in between and this guy was on board.

Went 92cm and guestimated 7.5 to 10 kg

Pretty happy with my first Jewie

IMG20190630035837.jpg

• Like 6

Congrats on your first Jew, I used to do all nighters chasing them & usually after 11pm or just before first light I’d get one or two, the first run from the tailor was probably it getting away from something looking for an easy meal👍

• Like 1