Port Stephens- snapper again!

Scratchie

1 hour ago, New Signing said:

The reds were in action near JB on the weekend gone as well. We managed a couple of good feeds. Largest fish was 3.2kg cleaned

That’s great! Always nice to come home with a feed of snapper. 

We pretty much bagged out but let a heap go! Landed between 40-50 fish for the day and managed 6 around 70 plus. Biggest of the day went to woodsy with a thumping 82cm model but fat as weighing 8kg whole! 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Cracking result guys. those are some absolute thumping snapper !!! Is spring supposed to be snapper season or winter up there at PS?

Thanks Sam! 

All year round snapper up here mate! Still trying to work it out but the big bruts seem to be September-October. With the winter months more plentiful. Then summer comes along and you start with snapper early morning, then chase marlin and mahi mahi during the day, then snapper and kings late arvo! Oh the struggle! Haha 😂 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Typical   the weather had me second guessin on wknd  wish id gone   nice catch jeff  well done woodsy on the big one   jealous

Yeah mate, cracking weather! It helps living by the water! 

I forgot to post but I went out Sunday with the kids and landed 20 whiting in the bay. The day was so nice that I was worried about Monday but could not have picked better conditions. Then the snapper turned on big time! Sad to say we left them biting! 😥

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scratchie said:

Thanks Sam! 

All year round snapper up here mate! Still trying to work it out but the big bruts seem to be September-October. With the winter months more plentiful. Then summer comes along and you start with snapper early morning, then chase marlin and mahi mahi during the day, then snapper and kings late arvo! Oh the struggle! Haha 😂 

Cocky B$#S@#D. Great results to you and Woodsy. It appears that you know what you're doing up at PS. Cheers, bn

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Thanks Sam! 

Don't rub it in or anything mate hahaha lucky you!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Baz, we’ll take you out one day as long as you promise you don’t break anything!!! 

I try to only break hearts, mate! 😂

Just got the call from the outboard mechanic. The computer wasn’t reading the fuel pump and I think the computer itself needs replacing - $1700! Boat will be sitting in the boatport for a while, I think! Warranty was up in January.

15 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

I try to only break hearts, mate! 😂

Just got the call from the outboard mechanic. The computer wasn’t reading the fuel pump and I think the computer itself needs replacing - $1700! Boat will be sitting in the boatport for a while, I think! Warranty was up in January.

Ouch Baz! That’s what I’m saying. If you didn’t have bad luck, then you’d have no luck at all. 😂😂😂

Let me know when you have a Monday off!!! 

• Like 1

Well done again, fantastic fish! We're going out friday/sat up around broughton, weather not looking the best but better than mon/tues for sure. 

If you dont mind, what depths are you mainly fishing? We have been going ok, but definitely not 40-50 fish a day! 

Thanks mate 👍

55 minutes ago, wcurrall said:

Well done again, fantastic fish! We're going out friday/sat up around broughton, weather not looking the best but better than mon/tues for sure. 

If you dont mind, what depths are you mainly fishing? We have been going ok, but definitely not 40-50 fish a day! 

Thanks mate 👍

Friday and Saturday look horrible mate! Sunday looks fishable but will still be bumpy. 

We generally find our fish in 8-20m of water. 

6 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Friday and Saturday look horrible mate! Sunday looks fishable but will still be bumpy. 

We generally find our fish in 8-20m of water. 

Haha yeah it's bad, i meant compared to yesterday! 

Thanks for the tip, probably been fishing a bit deep, best thing about Port is there's always plenty of options even if it blows up

• Like 1